General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Sdjacko
(newbie) Wed 18-Sep-19 18:32:03
Print Post

FTTP order issues

[link to this post]

FTTP became available to my property at the end of August so I ordered the 330/50 package at the beginning of September through BT.

Initially the engineer visit was booked for the 16th of September but when checking the order last week it said the appointment status was failed. When checking with BT they said the request was rejected (I assume from openreach) so they rebooked it for today.

When I checked the order it had updated but again was failed, so phoned up the next day and they investigated and said there was an issue which meant it kept on getting rejected. They said they needed to request to update the details they held as it said everything was available for my phone line which wasn't correct & they would contact me yesterday when updated to rebook.

I phoned up today and had to start at the beginning again, my order was cancelled and rebooked which when checking now is showing the engineer appointment as failed for next week. My hopes of this being sorted any time soon are reducing.

So my current status is that my copper phone line has been transferred to BT although my FTTC internet is still working through Vodafone (I'm not sure how that works) and I have no idea when I'll get FTTP.

Is this normal so soon after FTTP has become available? Any tips on getting this progressed? Thanks in advance.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Sep-19 18:58:12
Print Post

Re: FTTP order issues

[re: Sdjacko] [link to this post]

That your Vodafone service still works is understandable, it is coming from a completely different technology ....

Have you any more detail on what is causing the order to falter ?

Standard User Sdjacko
(newbie) Wed 18-Sep-19 19:09:57
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Initially was told that the database was incorrect as was offering 19 services? They requested it to be updated last Thursday and said would be done by yesterday.

I'm not sure and to be honest I'm not sure they are.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 18-Sep-19 20:04:54
Print Post

Yep, that all sounds as clear as mud.

If you manage to get to the bottom of it all, please update the thread as it might help others in similar situations.

Standard User bedrock
(member) Wed 18-Sep-19 20:33:08
Print Post

Wow, that really sounds like deja vue.

My situation very similar, just last year! I was with Voda also, BT took over phone line immediately, but struggeled with the FTTP order. After multiple rejections and some 'updates' the order finally proceeded, but I faced additional delays. Just to give you an idea, I placed my initial order for FTTP 330/50 on 25/09/18, my service went live on 09/11/18.

Even after this date, Voda VDSL signal was still active down the copper (they had cancelled my account from the migration request from BT) But because BT never actually migrated the FTTC part, Voda just kept supplying. I had no end of trouble trying to get through to someone at Voda to actually cease the FTTC, I was probably being anal, but didn't want them to realise months later and send me a bill.

BT Ultrafast Fibre 2
Standard User Sdjacko
(newbie) Wed 18-Sep-19 21:08:38
Print Post

[re: bedrock] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bedrock:
Wow, that really sounds like deja vue.

My situation very similar, just last year! I was with Voda also, BT took over phone line immediately, but struggeled with the FTTP order. After multiple rejections and some 'updates' the order finally proceeded, but I faced additional delays. Just to give you an idea, I placed my initial order for FTTP 330/50 on 25/09/18, my service went live on 09/11/18.

Even after this date, Voda VDSL signal was still active down the copper (they had cancelled my account from the migration request from BT) But because BT never actually migrated the FTTC part, Voda just kept supplying. I had no end of trouble trying to get through to someone at Voda to actually cease the FTTC, I was probably being anal, but didn't want them to realise months later and send me a bill.

Thanks, this is why i was slightly confused as I have already had letters from Vodafone to confirm termination of services.

Glad to hear yours was resolved, lets hope mine doesn't take too long. Did they ever tell you what the issue specifically was?
Standard User bedrock
(member) Wed 18-Sep-19 21:49:27
Print Post

I just got told database updates were needed. The first I knew things were finally happening is when I came home from work one day and found a bit of blue rope tied around the drain pipe

BT Ultrafast Fibre 2
Standard User Sdjacko
(newbie) Thu 19-Sep-19 17:30:18
Print Post

[re: bedrock] [link to this post]

For info. Seems to have been resolved today.

Appointment has been booked for next week and has been confirmed on status tracking. Seemed to be a database issue but he did say it seems to be a current issue with 2 or 3 referrals to him today with similar problems.
  Print Thread

Jump to