General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 09-Oct-19 17:33:54
Print Post

FTTP is coming....

[link to this post]

OK we moved house from a nice 60Mbps FTTC connection to same village but it was 10Mbps & 0.2Mbps up & was unusable so cancelled whole BT line immediately.

As we're rural Norfolk (Cley next the Sea) spoke to BBFN (BDUK) and they got back to me to say that FTTP will go live by March 2020.

Post code check later & lo BT says its "coming soon, register for more updates."

Checked roadworks.org & 21st Oct - 4th Nov BT has the entire village on lock down for ducting & cabling work for fibre.

Now my question is if anyone has a clue how long do these things "usually" take from that point? I know it's how long is a piece of string type question but a rough idea would be awesome or any tips on Websites to keep an eye on for more info?

Thanks looking forward to getting FTTP can't believe it's happening so soon thought it'd be years away for here.

Edited by Rich44 (Wed 09-Oct-19 17:37:03)

Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Wed 09-Oct-19 17:44:51
Print Post

Re: FTTP is coming....

[re: Rich44] [link to this post]

There is no answer. If the promised go-live date is March 2020, then *with luck* it may be live in March 2020. Or it could be later. Or sooner smile

The site formally known as roadworks.org will show you when there are incursions into the carriageway, but there's a lot of other work involved. Some of it is in pavement chambers (e.g. splicing onto splitters) which normally isn't shown. Plenty of invisible work has to take place at the exchange end too. All sorts of unforeseen delays are possible.

Fingers crossed you get it in March!
Standard User Taras
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 09-Oct-19 17:45:36
Print Post

From others on the forum, it can be as quick as a month. Depends on ducting and other issues such as trees. Delays as you have implied can happen. Only way to know is to check BBFN's website, or and bt dslchecker.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Taras
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 09-Oct-19 17:48:25
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

I'm wondering how accurate is the go live date. I've been given at least 12 months difference by two parties. Which isn't fun.
Standard User Rich44
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 09-Oct-19 18:00:43
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

They seem to be blitzing the village with endless road closuresvtgat week so it looks like they're trying to hit it en masse.

Looks like the fibre is being run from Holt inland so I wonder if they've already done that part of it as there's been a lot of guys about working over recent months & loads of stuff coiled up at bottom of BT poles guess we'll find out soon enough tho. Maybe I'll go & take some tea & biscuits to them on the 21st....
Standard User threelegs
(regular) Wed 09-Oct-19 19:10:16
Print Post

I am in Happisburgh and our infrastructure was put in place in Jan/Feb 2018 but we couldnt order til November till it had all been connectrd together and tested My connection went live in Jan 19. 150Mbps down is so much better than 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Standard User burble
(member) Wed 09-Oct-19 19:52:59
Print Post

[re: Taras] [link to this post]

12-9-18 area surveyed
8-10-18 ducting laid
16-2-19 fibre laid
14-3-19 available to order
18-4-19 first house in street got fibre
Since then I've firstly been waiting the end of my contract, then in discussions with TalkTalk about when they will be using OR FTTP, then after many in village have gone FTTP and my line was reprofiled, struck a deal with TT which leaves me on an acceptable (in the short term) 10/1 at a reasonable price until we know what TT FTTP prices will be.
Standard User busterboy
(member) Wed 09-Oct-19 19:56:53
Print Post

Good luck on getting a quick connection. frown

We were told 18 months ago we would have FTTP by Christmas 2018

That never happened so got further notification we would be able to order by at least April 2019.

Another face palm as we are still waiting to this day for this to go live but fibre is hanging from poles outside my premises right now but due to one thing and another still nothing.

Fingers crossed you have better luck.

BTBroadband
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Oct-19 11:58:05
Print Post

Whats the website to check the latest fttp updates in your area? Is there a postcode search somewhere?
Standard User slimj
(member) Thu 10-Oct-19 12:28:46
Print Post

[re: Taras] [link to this post]

The village down the road from me has just gone live (CT3 1JB) - 2Mbit ADSL to 1000Mbit FTTP!

Cabling was started around July. So around 3 months from cabling to availability.

Another area close to me had fibre cabling hanging from poles around March 2019, it looks like final cabling work has been completed so this should go live soon.

When the engineers focus on an area, they appear to be able to get things completed pretty quickly.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to