General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Rebelone
(newbie) Mon 10-Feb-20 14:50:55
Print Post

Fibre

[link to this post]

Hi, I am with EE broadband ADSL 7Mb and phone +mobile. BT can offer me fast fibre.
In my area but EE cannot which is confusing because EE is owned by BT, I phoned BT
They said they can take over my contract with EE and pay the contract off
But I donít want to go with BT so does anyone know what is going on why EE
Cannot offer me Fibre.
Standard User brookheather
(member) Mon 10-Feb-20 14:54:46
Print Post

Re: Fibre

[re: Rebelone] [link to this post]

You may have FTTP available not FTTC - EE don't currently offer FTTP packages. You can check which services are available by entering your phone number or address here:

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

If it says WBC FTTP then you will need to go with BT, Zen, Aquiss, Cerberus or very soon Sky. There are some other FTTP ISPs which are more business focused.

Cerberus FTTP + pfSense + Asus RT-AC67U AiMesh

Edited by brookheather (Mon 10-Feb-20 14:55:01)

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 10-Feb-20 14:56:57
Print Post

Re: Fibre

[re: Rebelone] [link to this post]

When you say "fast fibre" what products are being offered to you? If it is Fibre to the Premise (FTTP) then there are a relatively small number of ISPs that sell it at present, if it is Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC aka VDSL2) then EE probably could sell it but may have a database issue.

If you go here and put in your phone number then you should be able to see what technology is available. Let us know the results and we can advise further (although make sure you don't include personal details when you post the results such as phone number).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to