General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User sw25481
(newbie) Sat 15-Feb-20 22:34:48
Print Post

Epsom FTTP (Fibre First) Tracking Progress?

[link to this post]

Epsom is showing as "Build in Progress" at https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fibre-first . Very exciting as I am a long way from my FTTC cab. (Apologies to all those that can't even get FTTC).

When I check the http://dslchecker.bt.com I see "on Exchange EPSOM is served by Cabinet 17" but it just says "FTTP is not available". (WBC FTTP On Demand is available)

Is there any way to get any further information on progress?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 15-Feb-20 23:57:38
Print Post

Re: Epsom FTTP (Fibre First) Tracking Progress?

[re: sw25481] [link to this post]

Checkers tend to go from nothing to live.

Watching road works locally e.g. one.network website can help

Epsom has been on the build list for a while but spotted anything in my loop around the many fibre first areas

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sun 16-Feb-20 00:08:07
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
Epsom has been on the build list for a while but spotted anything in my loop around the many fibre first areas
A missing "not"?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Nologic
(newbie) Tue 18-Feb-20 13:30:13
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Not sure if it helps the OP, but I’m in Tadworth (Burgh Heath Exchange) which is part of the same rollout. Kelly Communications were pulling fibre into our road last month.
The Surrey County Council Roadworks website shows when BT OpenReach have planned roadworks. First they have ‘Test rod and rope with blockage clearance...’ then pull the cables (or lay new ducting)
There a couple of places in the Epsom area showing as ‘ Test rod and rope with blockage clearance...’

Phil
Standard User slimj
(member) Tue 18-Feb-20 14:38:12
Print Post

As others have said, keep an eye on the roadworks site.

My local towns, Ramsgate and Broadstairs (both sit alongside each other), were announced in July 2019 and build started around October, Ramsgate has associated roadworks but nothing live yet - expecting to see some live postcodes in the coming months I guess.

Broadstairs is showing nothing yet, assuming this will be done after Ramsgate.
Standard User rjh321
(member) Wed 19-Feb-20 10:12:07
Print Post

[re: slimj] [link to this post]

It's a bit annoying that Ramsgate & Broadstairs are being done but not Margate, where I live. All three towns (and the rest of the Isle of Thanet) were cabled by Virgin recently, but I'd rather not use them.
Standard User slimj
(member) Wed 19-Feb-20 23:02:02
Print Post

[re: rjh321] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by rjh321:
It's a bit annoying that Ramsgate & Broadstairs are being done but not Margate, where I live. All three towns (and the rest of the Isle of Thanet) were cabled by Virgin recently, but I'd rather not use them.

Can't do everything at once! Likely that Margate, Westgate and Birchington will follow after.

I do note that Acol is going to get FTTP later this year also, on a Community Fibre Partnership project.
Standard User sw25481
(newbie) Wed 08-Apr-20 14:31:33
Print Post

[re: Nologic] [link to this post]

So great news, Kelly Communications and Openreach have finished pulling fibre to all the poles in our road this week.

Hopefully it will not be too long before we can order.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 08-Apr-20 14:37:16
Print Post

Hopefully it will not be too long before we can order.

Whilst I hope you’re right ... at present, Openreach are not entering customer premises for provision of service. So whilst you may be able to order soon, it is more than likely that the install won’t be completed for quite some time.

Standard User Rolandrat
(committed) Wed 08-Apr-20 15:01:26
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Some ISP's you wont even be able to order, BT for example, quite popular for FTTP as prices are very competitive, the products have completely gone from their order pages, our postcode has gone from 900Mb back down to 1-3Mb ADSL only available to order.

Openreach site does still show its available though, so keep an eye on that, its the best place anyway to check, i spent last 10 years checking on and off!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to