General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 08-Apr-20 15:47:33
Print Post

Re: Epsom FTTP (Fibre First) Tracking Progress?

[re: Rolandrat] [link to this post]

Some ISP's you wont even be able to order, BT for example

I'm not aware of any ISP's who aren't actually taking orders yet (that might happen though).

You can still order FTTP on the phone via BT.

OpenReach are accepting FTTP orders but delaying install if entry to the premises is required.

Do you know any ISP's who aren't taking FTTP orders?
Standard User sw25481
(newbie) Wed 08-Apr-20 16:06:51
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

Thank you both for the good advice
Standard User simondup
(newbie) Tue 07-Jul-20 10:46:04
Print Post

[re: sw25481] [link to this post]

Any progress on your fibre ?

I am also eagerly watching Kelly/Openreach laying fibre around Epsom & Ewell but things still look far from complete.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Nologic
(newbie) Tue 07-Jul-20 15:22:14
Print Post

[re: sw25481] [link to this post]

For everyone’s information, I’m in Tadworth which is part of the same roll-out. As Mr Saffron noted, I found the checker went straight from unavailable to available.
I placed my order on the 11/05, received notification that the external works would take place on 25/06 - I actually received this date on 22/05, just after Openreach had installed the CSP.
At this point the internal install date was 06/07

I then had a call from Zen asking if I wanted the install date brought forwards, if so, Openreach would contact me directly to ask a few questions.
Q1 - will the connection be on the ground floor
Q2 - has anyone in the house shown any symptoms of COVID
Q3 - can the openreach engineer keep 2 metres from all household members
Q4 - is there mains socket near the installation point.

The installation was then brought forward to 15/06, took about 45 mins.

Note the Ont is Nokia and is about the size of an original type phone socket.

Phil
Standard User testforecho
(newbie) Thu 10-Sep-20 22:43:53
Print Post

[re: Nologic] [link to this post]

Hi, I have received a notice from Openreach that FTTP is available now. I am in Clarendon Park in Epsom. I have purchased 300mb download via BT and installation at the end of September. The status changed on very short notice.

Hopefully is available at your address now.
Standard User NMA_EPSOM
(newbie) Tue 22-Sep-20 18:47:56
Print Post

[re: testforecho] [link to this post]

Hi, was wondering if any of you have gotten your connections yet, and if so how is the BT fibre optic connection in the area?
(newbie) Fri 02-Oct-20 14:18:29
Print Post

[re: NMA_EPSOM] [link to this post]

Hi, thanks for inquiring. It has become an absolute fiasco with BT to get an installation. Originally 3 weeks, engineer showed, needed some extra work to be done apparently but he was pretty incoherent. Not sure if is something on my property or wider issue. Made arrangements for follow up a week later, removed furniture from the room to provide access, took day off work, and he did not show. I had confirmed with three customer service people the booking including on the day, as was concerned that no one had a clue as to what was going on. Now trying to reschedule but who knows if they will show up, and now have to move furniture back and then move it again, take another day off work? The incompetence is staggering. Just furious.
Standard User NMA_EPSOM
(newbie) Fri 02-Oct-20 20:22:25
Print Post

Interesting - ive had a similar situation. So the guy comes on the date (1 October), very nice guy for the most part knows what hes doing. He had to lay a new fibre optic line from about 2 poles away to my house, which he did, got it in the house, put in the ONT, and hub but it couldn't register on the network. So he tested, called BT and stayed on hold for about an hour and they told him that they will look into it and it will activate by the end of the day. Which it didn't. So I called back and they said it'll activate by midnight. Which it didn't. So next day I called back and they said somethings wrong and will need to send a surveyor out and it can take about 5 days. So they have told me they will call me next week and let me know the progress.... Interestingly I was also due to have a digital voice phone line, but another guy turns up (who the first guy didn't know about) and installs the old analogue phone line as well via a separate cable. very strange, seems like they dont have a clue whats happening.
I suspect the local network may not be active as the engineer who installed the fibre optic cable said im on the first port on the street. If you dont mind what area are you in - im just off Reigate Road across from Nork Park
(newbie) Fri 23-Oct-20 20:27:39
Print Post

[re: NMA_EPSOM] [link to this post]

Third time lucky. Install a success. Download 95mb, upload 45mb, ping 3ms. From 37mb download, 7mb upload, ping of 14ms.
Standard User NMA_EPSOM
(newbie) Mon 26-Oct-20 20:36:15
Print Post

You mentioned you had a 300 connection - but you are only getting around 100 ?

Also is it generally reliable (ie is it a steady connection, and does it ever go down)?

Unfortunately I still havnt gotten a connection, there was something wrong with the connection from the exchange to my area apparently, hence its not working. They have another date now to check it out, on the 4th November. This will be the third time they are visiting - so lets see if it is lucky.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to