General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User grigby
(newbie) Thu 05-Mar-20 23:22:52
Print Post

Beyond frustrating... Fibre 5m away

[link to this post]

I live in a courtyard of properties that are attached to each other. A number of the properties can order FTTP, but I can't as I'm told it's not available. On Monday I had to watch a fibre optic cable being laid on the grass outside my front door before it was fed into the manhole in front of my grass, through the duct, and into my next door neighbours property. I find it quite mindblowing that there seems to me to be no way I can order. Even the engineer said as far as he was aware, there was no technical reason he couldn't provide me with a fibre connection there and then if only he had the approval to do so.

Do any of the knowledgeable folk here have any suggestions as to how I could meaningfully engage with Openreach to get them to tick the boxes necessary that would enable me to order? Or perhaps that's the wrong approach altogether - any help or suggestions appreciated!
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 06-Mar-20 08:48:29
Print Post

Re: Beyond frustrating... Fibre 5m away

[re: grigby] [link to this post]

Get your neighbour to order a second one, and then intervene and have it installed in your house.

Use your name and his address - with his approval, and then threee months later change the billing address.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 06-Mar-20 09:31:50
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Or just ask me to look at what checkers and geography say and pester Openreach to update records to allow an order as per normal

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User candlerb
(experienced) Fri 06-Mar-20 09:39:02
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

That is: send your address, plus an example of an address which *can* order FTTP, in a private message to MrSaffron
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 06-Mar-20 09:45:38
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

A lot better to send in email to [email protected]

Private Messages don't work for tracking things over a period of a couple of weeks due to volume I get

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User grigby
(newbie) Thu 26-Mar-20 00:07:21
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thank you so much - I'll do that. Sorry for the delay in replying but life has become increasingly complicated over the past couple of weeks!
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Thu 26-Mar-20 01:04:05
Print Post

[re: grigby] [link to this post]

I reckon its a database error that needs to just be updated.

Paul

Print Thread

Jump to