General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Rolandrat
(committed) Thu 26-Mar-20 15:55:45
Print Post

Anyone had a failed/cancelled FTTP install yet?

[link to this post]

Since the lockdown this week and Openreach no longer entering customer premises, has anyone had a failed or cancelled FTTP installation and if so what have they done with the order?
I ask because I have seen on the BT community forums that someone said they have given them a ADSL service instead (it was a new install).

I have no broadband on my BT line at present which means I get the whatever it is saving on the line rental. Last thing I want is them to activate a ADSL service, as I gave up on that over a year ago as it was shocking. I certainly dont want to pay for it.
FTTP install is still showing booked for 3rd April, but obviously not expecting anything now until early summer.
Standard User caffn8me
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 27-Mar-20 06:49:21
Print Post

Re: Anyone had a failed/cancelled FTTP install yet?

[re: Rolandrat] [link to this post]

I think the general rule now is that they won't enter your premises to do an installation but can work on a cabinet outside. That may well mean that orders for FTTP are provisioned temporarily as ADSL or FTTC because you can self install inside. I suppose the rationale is that some internet is better than no internet.

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs
Standard User Rolandrat
(committed) Fri 27-Mar-20 06:54:37
Print Post

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

Ill have to cancel then within my 14 days as im not paying for something i dont need and just re-order with a new install date past 1st June.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User caffn8me
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 27-Mar-20 07:04:51
Print Post

There some information from Openreach at https://www.openreach.com/covid-19-coronavirus

At least you're not desperate for fibre right now.

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs
Standard User Rolandrat
(committed) Fri 27-Mar-20 08:13:41
Print Post

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

I am desperate, have been for 10 years, but not the way you mean.
I feel sorry for the plenty of people out there that were/are in the middle of upgrades/isp changes etc and they appear to be getting cut off as their previous isp ceases the connections and Openreach not doing anything, so they are left with nothing - and then cant get through to anyone to help.
Im fortunate to have various mobile sims (some unlimited) available to myself and a multi wan router - i also still have a job in local government to pay for it all.
Standard User Ixel
(committed) Fri 27-Mar-20 10:45:21
Print Post

Not an install, but a regrade for me. I was expecting it to be processed within 48-72 hours of the order being placed, but I was told 7 to 10 working days which seems long compared to how fast BT seem to be turning around such orders (24-48 hours). So perhaps a bit of a delay instead.

Edited by Ixel (Fri 27-Mar-20 10:46:00)

Standard User busterboy
(committed) Fri 27-Mar-20 10:59:46
Print Post

We are about 95% at the finished stage of getting FTTP and only a tiny bit of work left to do.

Stuck at home with 1mbps down (yes 1Mbps) and next to nothing upload isn't fun.

I still class engineers health way above anyone wanting faster broadband though so happy to keep myself isolated until this is over.. wink

BTBroadband
Standard User Rolandrat
(committed) Fri 27-Mar-20 11:22:53
Print Post

[re: busterboy] [link to this post]

Near but yet so far!
I have the cable rolled up at my front door, I swear it would be smiling at me if I was indeed going in and out!
Standard User busterboy
(committed) Fri 27-Mar-20 12:04:20
Print Post

In reply to a post by Rolandrat:
Near but yet so far!
I have the cable rolled up at my front door, I swear it would be smiling at me if I was indeed going in and out!

Wishing you a speedy completion but I had rolled up cable outside my drive two years ago. frown

Cable rolled up on pole.

and here

We are now at the stage where we have cable spliced and joined.

Pictured Here

Splicer

Picured here

and here

all fastened to the pole at my garden entrance.

BTBroadband
Standard User Rolandrat
(committed) Fri 27-Mar-20 12:11:25
Print Post

[re: busterboy] [link to this post]

Ours is the connectorised blocks, it took them less than 1.5 months from start to finish, my cable just needs the connector spliced on the end and plugging into a ONT and its done.

Anyway good luck to you and stay safe. We can wait.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to