General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User hardie94
(newbie) Fri 10-Apr-20 09:07:48
Print Post

I need help, paying for resolution

[link to this post]

Hi all I'm hoping for some advice from somebody who knows their stuff regarding broadband.
I have been without broadband for 24 hours (keyworker working from home) I was discussing issue with TalkTalk, they advised me of an issue with IP adress or something and asked me to turn router off for 30minutes, this would resolve the issue. I turned it back on after an hour and still had no broadband, I have factory reset router, connected the ADSL directly into Test socket using a microfilter - When I logg into my router it does show wirelessly connected devices so power & wireless are fine it's the broadband light which is out. TalkTalk said there were no issues outside my home, I can no longer contact them because there support has basically shut down due to covid19- Obviously you guys/girls can't assist with an outside issue but I was hoping there maybe an in-house fix/router setting etc - I'm desperate at this point, no broadband and no support. I am even willing to pay through paypal if anybody could have helped me. Thanks in advance.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 10-Apr-20 09:31:24
Print Post

Re: I need help, paying for resolution

[re: hardie94] [link to this post]

Broadband light out - suggests no sync. Most routers even ISP ones have a DSL status page, that will say if synced or not and provide other stats like connection speed attenuation.

Does a telephone work?

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-upd...

There help lines are still working, but priority to vulnerable customers. Posting on the TalkTalk community forums even in normal times is a good way to get faults looked into.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 10-Apr-20 09:40:50
Print Post

Re: I need help, praying for resolution

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Asking you Andrew as you might know, does TT used the username and password in the router? I have a feeling it doesn't, but if it does the OP has wiped it.

If it is needed, TR-069 may kick in but maybe not at this stage.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
"Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people." Oscar Wilde

Edited by RobertoS (Fri 10-Apr-20 09:41:43)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hardie94
(newbie) Fri 10-Apr-20 09:43:42
Print Post

Thanks for the fast reply, I do not have a landline unfortunately - I did post on Talktalk community but for somereason my post didn't go through and I noticed that at the moment it is taking a day or 2 for response from staff
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 10-Apr-20 09:47:41
Print Post

You do have a landline 😊 it’s what provides your TalkTalk service.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 10-Apr-20 09:50:49
Print Post

Re: I need help, praying for resolution

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

They do not need username/password and this seems to be TalkTalk LLU

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Woolwich
(committed) Fri 10-Apr-20 09:52:25
Print Post

In reply to a post by hardie94:
I do not have a landline unfortunately

Do you mean you don't have a telephone handset to plug into the phone socket? You do have a landline if you have ADSL.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 10-Apr-20 09:54:25
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

At a guess they mean they don't have a telephone plugged in, and presume don't have one in the house to plug in and test.

If working from home now recommend sourcing one eg. https://amzn.to/2VmP566 £9.99 delivery may be slow given how busy couriers are though.

Standard User hardie94
(newbie) Fri 10-Apr-20 09:55:12
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Of course, I meant I do not have a phone to plug into the landline, ADSL is the only thing plugged into microfilter
Standard User hardie94
(newbie) Fri 10-Apr-20 09:58:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
At a guess they mean they don't have a telephone plugged in, and presume don't have one in the house to plug in and test.

If working from home now recommend sourcing one eg. https://amzn.to/2VmP566 £9.99 delivery may be slow given how busy couriers are though.

If we were to assume that the line is fine and that the issue is within my setup what steps could I take? I appreciate you taking time out to assist
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to