General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bomber456
(committed) Fri 08-May-20 09:04:53
Print Post

BT Fiber order

[link to this post]

Hi,
so openreach is now showing as FTTP available at my postcode! but the BT site hasn't been updated yet to show i can order it? How long does this take?
Ive checked on the Zen ISP website and i can order 300mb with them, but want the BT 900.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 08-May-20 10:02:14
Print Post

Re: BT Fiber order

[re: bomber456] [link to this post]

BT retail website hiding availability due to no installs happening unless you are a keyworker and these need placing over the phone.

So its phone up and join a queue for when installs start - expected date for starting again is 1st June.

NOTE: Even if they start on 1st June there may be delays depending on staffing levels and extra time due to social distancing to keep you and Openreach staff safe.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 08-May-20 10:03:08
Print Post

Re: BT Fibre order

Just sit tight, there’s no installs being done until at least June anyway, even then, there’s a fair backlog to get through I expect.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bomber456
(committed) Fri 08-May-20 10:35:07
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Okay thanks. Will find a number to ring and get in a queue then, yeah thought it was all on stop until next month.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 08-May-20 10:39:59
Print Post

The phoning and queuing thing is for key workers ... mere mortals will just have to wait until the online order system opens again.

Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 08-May-20 15:29:54
Print Post

What does the BT Broadband checker show for your address?

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/...

It could be that OpenReach have enabled FTTP for you but BT Wholesale haven't yet.
That would allow you to order from Zen and a bunch of other ISP's but prevents you ordering from ISP's who only use BT Wholesale.
Standard User bomber456
(committed) Fri 08-May-20 18:00:07
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

It shows up on that tracker fine. KCI2 Assure upto 1000.

Rang BT and like said above they aren’t accepting any orders due to the lockdown as this would be a 2step install and inside access needed.

So will check back next month.

Standard User bomber456
(committed) Tue 19-May-20 21:25:59
Print Post

Ordered fiber 900 yesterday after BT started showing it as available to order.
Had to ring up to order though.
Today openreach have done the external fibre pull to my house, and coming back June 2nd hopefully to do the internal install.

Standard User jparnell82
(regular) Tue 19-May-20 21:34:56
Print Post

That was quick!

Did you have any issues with getting 900? BT wholesale ADSL checker says I can get 1000 WBC FTTP but when I phone BT they say max is 250 package.

Ideally want 500 but they say it's not available to me
Standard User bomber456
(committed) Tue 19-May-20 21:49:17
Print Post

[re: jparnell82] [link to this post]

Same issue I had, couldn’t see 900 or 500 packages when ordering logged in to account, when doing check on BT.com site without logging in it showed available to order.
First person I spoke to said the same it wasn’t available to order, I rang back and the guy said no issues and processed the order.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to