General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User bedrock
(member) Thu 21-May-20 20:26:42
Print Post

New customers only

[link to this post]

Is there any way to get the new higher speed FTTP packages at the sensible prices? I'm currently with BT, but out of contract period and paying 59 for 330/50. As a new customer I could get 900 for this price or 500 for 49. But if I log in as an existing cutomer they want me to me to pay 59 to stay where i am (no incentive to re-contract) or 71 for the 900 package.

Given the significant saving over the term of the contract, is it worth moving away from BT to one of the monthly contract providers of adsl and then back to BT in a months time, would that get me the new customer only pricing or are they already savy to the technique or is there a better way?

BT Ultrafast Fibre 2
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 21-May-20 20:32:13
Print Post

Re: New customers only

[re: bedrock] [link to this post]

No

Need to have left BT for 12 or more months to count as a new customer.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User bedrock
(member) Thu 21-May-20 20:35:11
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks for the confirmation

BT Ultrafast Fibre 2

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Highland76
(learned) Thu 21-May-20 20:43:51
Print Post

Sorry for stating the obvious but have you actually tried calling BT Sales and asked them to match new customer prices? I'm pretty sure they will but you might need to call them a few times and possibly threaten to leave them in order to get the best deal. Make it clear to them that you're willing to commit to another 12+ month minimum term like new customers are - the best deals are usually on longer contracts.

BT Business FTTP 330/50 -- Netgear RAX200

Edited by Highland76 (Thu 21-May-20 20:46:59)

Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 21-May-20 20:45:11
Print Post

The website won't allow you to take advantage of new customer pricing but many have managed to upgrade to Full Fibre 900 for £59.99 (or less) while still in contract.

If you're out of contract I'd be gobsmacked if they didn't offer you it for £59.99 over the phone.
Ask what the best they can do is and you may even get it for less than that.
Standard User jparnell82
(regular) Thu 21-May-20 21:06:22
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

I'm 6 months in to my current contract and they would have given me fibre 900 for £59.99 or fibre 500 which i have had for £49.99 which is new customer pricing.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 22-May-20 04:06:54
Print Post

I would phone them and ask for the best deal they can give you for the package you want, it should be lower or up to the price shown, if they quote you a higher price I would question that their site says X price for said product.

Those prices are not for new customers only, due to there is no statement stating its for new customers either.

We upgraded while in mid contract and got their Full Fibre 900 cheaper than what is listed.

So just phone them up and ask.

Paul

Standard User bedrock
(member) Fri 22-May-20 20:05:51
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

I did try phoning a couple of weeks ago, before they opened up the orders agaian, but they wern't budging on the what the web offers.

Guess it's wait and see what Sky launch...

BT Ultrafast Fibre 2
Standard User robg1701
(committed) Fri 22-May-20 22:16:38
Print Post

I upgraded to Fibre 900 back in late March, days before my 18 month contract ran out on 330/50. The first few times I phoned up (the website offers section doesnt work for me at all) the best they would offer me it for was £73 I think, even though I told them everyone was getting it for 60 or less. They offered me to stay on 330/50 for £45, which was/is less than new customers were getting offered 500 'for the price of 330'.

One more time calling later that week, taking a couple hours on the phone, and talking to the sales support team, I got it for £58 (with Halo 2, which I didnt know at the time or would have pushed for without).

Edited by robg1701 (Fri 22-May-20 22:18:16)

Standard User CJT
(experienced) Sat 23-May-20 08:28:53
Print Post

In reply to a post by bedrock:
I did try phoning a couple of weeks ago, before they opened up the orders agaian, but they wern't budging on the what the web offers.

Guess it's wait and see what Sky launch...

If you look on the BT Forums there are several customers who have got good deals on FTTP 900. Depends who you get when you ring up. Worth ringing again maybe over the weekend.

CJT.

On BT Broadband up to 55 Mbps

Previously on NOW TV Broadband up to 38 Mbps
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to