General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User max1486
(newbie) Fri 10-Jul-20 13:57:22
Print Post

BT Smart Hub 2 maxing at 50mbps upload

[link to this post]

Hi there,

I'm currently at my wits end with this router, there is a BT forum post with over 47 pages of replies just saying to turn it off, factory reset etc and it eventually starts to unlock for people. I've factory reset about 6 times, left it off for over 30 mins and had no luck. Also called BT fault team and they claim nobody has ever heard of this issue, including their second line people which literally cannot be true.

Has anyone else had this problem and been able to fix it? Not really wanting to buy a new router if possible.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 10-Jul-20 14:32:37
Print Post

Re: BT Smart Hub 2 maxing at 50mbps upload

[re: max1486] [link to this post]

I think the Smart Hubs has a built in Speed Test Feature (unless it was one of my other routers), if it has, have you tried that?

When you spoke to BT about this issue did they do an actual speed test from their network to the Smart Hub and if they did what was the up and down speeds that they got?

If you keep having this issue I would ask BT if they can send out a new replacement due to the one you have "might" be faulty, please be aware you will have to send your old one back when you get your new one.

Or you could try a 3rd party router that can handle the speed to compare the speeds.

Paul

Standard User oldskool
(member) Sat 11-Jul-20 07:26:00
Print Post

[re: max1486] [link to this post]

On the bt forum thread have you seen the later posts where bt have started to respond to each individual with the problem.

Worth sending them a dm - whatever they are doing should help fix things for you

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User busterboy
(committed) Sat 11-Jul-20 08:23:29
Print Post

[re: oldskool] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by oldskool:
On the bt forum thread have you seen the later posts where bt have started to respond to each individual with the problem.

Worth sending them a dm - whatever they are doing should help fix things for you

I saw that too, Looks like they are getting to the bottom of the problem.

BTBroadband
Standard User wakey
(regular) Sun 12-Jul-20 08:26:24
Print Post

[re: busterboy] [link to this post]

I had this issue. However rebooted the router 24 hours after install and changed to 110 as it should be
  Print Thread

Jump to