General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User TMA
(member) Mon 27-Jul-20 16:18:26
Print Post

15 week lead time (Openreach FTTP)?

[link to this post]

Just got my activation date for FTTP from a regrade from VDSL order I placed earlier in the month - end of October! Fortunately I'm not in a huge rush for it, is this a normal lead time at the moment for 2-stage FTTP? I suspect any delays might be to do with the lack of an underground conduit from the road to the house if they have to schedule in some JCB operating crew...
Standard User zag164
(learned) Thu 30-Jul-20 12:33:27
Print Post

Re: 15 week lead time (Openreach FTTP)?

[re: TMA] [link to this post]

Out of interest have the ISP suggested Openreach will charge for any work on the lead-in to your property or simply absorb any cost?
Standard User NuttyMucker
(member) Thu 30-Jul-20 13:30:22
Print Post

Hi

I had a lead time of just over 6 weeks from the 8th July but I was fortunate enough to keep checking progress and was able to change my date to last Thursday.
Obviously the majority of the delay is playing catch up with installs as the work on the outside continued during lockdown.
Fortunately you are not in a rush, however I was smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TMA
(member) Thu 30-Jul-20 23:32:36
Print Post

[re: zag164] [link to this post]

No extra costs proposed yet - so far I'm just glad I've got this ordered before re-paving the driveway and path around the front of the house if there's going to be a trench dug through them.
Standard User Spuriousfish
(regular) Fri 31-Jul-20 10:33:12
Print Post

My order for transition to Copper to FTTP - John Lewis to BT - was placed on June 15th. Go live date was supposed to be July 1st. I never thought that would happen.

We had the survey before July 1st which was ok but a few days before go live I checked the order and saw that the Landline would be July 1st but FTTP was now End of September.

It got complicated from there on so I wont go into the details but anyway it went live yesterday. So from June 15th to July 30th.

As for costs - this was always a concern. We live in a rural area. Fortunately ours was a reasonably straight forward install. They had to go under the grass, then through rocky soil to get to the house. A total distance of about 50m. Again we were lucky as the ducting was already under the road. Zero cost for install.

Not so my neighbours. One has a track thats about 500m and was quoted £10k then discounted by £3.5K. Another was quoted £750 but their's is the same distance as ours. Yet another is still waiting for a quote and has to get planning permission from the local authority as the road needs to be dug up.

All surrounding villages had FTTC but BT/Openreach probably wanted to look good and gave us FTTP. Most of us don't need superfast at the moment.

Good luck
  Print Thread

Jump to