General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User DisgruntledScot
(newbie) Tue 25-Aug-20 18:37:38
Print Post

FTTC and FTTP availability issues

[link to this post]

Hey so I live in Edinburgh and I am served in an area that supposedly gets FTTP. last night and this morning the openreach checker was showing FTTP and FTTC available for me. Spoke to NowTV about an upgrade, when they called back a couple of hours later, all of a sudden only broadband available!

Have looked on the bt wholesale and see its saying my FTTC is 'waiting list' does anyone know when i can expect this to change? Its NEWINGTON CABINET 33.

Interestingly people on my street a couple doors down have FTTP, any clues on when I can expect that to come to my door?

Basically I am just very confused as to how and why this happens and how on earth I am supposed to access myself some fibre!
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 25-Aug-20 18:44:41
Print Post

Re: FTTC and FTTP availability issues

[re: DisgruntledScot] [link to this post]

Well Now TV do not offer an FTTP based service for starters

Standard User DisgruntledScot
(newbie) Tue 25-Aug-20 18:48:05
Print Post

Re: FTTC and FTTP availability issues

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Yeah they did tell me this today, I suppose I am wondering if FTTC became full today hence the waiting list. Simultaneously it appeared that FTTP became available and disappeared today.

I know some people on the forum are able to find out when expansions are expected for cabinets, wondering if I will be able to get my hands on fibre any time soon.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to