General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Earlgrey
(learned) Thu 17-Sep-20 07:16:18
Print Post

Openreach FTTP infill pattern

[link to this post]

Hi,

With Openreach now revisiting older new build estates and installing FTTP, has anyone noticed a pattern to it? such as by age, region or projected demand?

It's a smart move so it will be interesting to see how it pans out alongside the other rollouts.
Standard User simon194
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 17-Sep-20 08:17:40
Print Post

Re: Openreach FTTP infill pattern

[re: Earlgrey] [link to this post]

Where I live we are supposed to be getting FTTP sometime in the not too distant future and the estate was started in 2014 and completed in mid-2017.

There's some earlier new build estates on the other side of town which are also down for FTTP soon but they have recent developments tacked on that already have FTTP so no idea if that has any bearing on it.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 17-Sep-20 09:10:05
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

Age wise seeing it happen on estates way back to the late 1990's

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 17-Sep-20 17:07:12
Print Post

[re: Earlgrey] [link to this post]

Estates built in the last 20-30 years.

No pattern in my area, they seem to be doing a blanket coverage of anything built since the 90's.
Standard User Earlgrey
(learned) Fri 18-Sep-20 07:18:41
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

Interesting, the first phase of my estate is was built from 2016 onwards but we got FTTC early last year so i cant see FTTP being likely soon, even though the new phase now has FTTP as standard.

Considering i'm one of the furthest away from the cabinet and still sync at 79/20 its not the end of the world if i have to wait a few more years.
  Print Thread

Jump to