General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User threelegs
(member) Sun 27-Sep-20 11:44:44
Print Post

ftth broadband down

[link to this post]

as title says my ftth bb went down on fri afternoon about 3. red light on ONT so no signal. rang bt about 4 and it was all back up and running by sat afternoon (apart from the fact we also had a six hour power cut on sat) so well done to OR who had to work in such nasty conditons to do repairs.
PS how did BT keep me informed of the progress of the fault? by e-mail of course!!
i found two or three about it when the service returned.

PPS the promised mini hub arrived sat afternoon by DPD courier but needed charging before use. but we were in the middle of a power cut..............................
Standard User Pheasant
(member) Sun 27-Sep-20 20:58:16
Print Post

Re: ftth broadband down

[re: threelegs] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by threelegs:
as title says my ftth bb went down on fri afternoon about 3. red light on ONT so no signal. rang bt about 4 and it was all back up and running by sat afternoon (apart from the fact we also had a six hour power cut on sat) so well done to OR who had to work in such nasty conditons to do repairs.
PS how did BT keep me informed of the progress of the fault? by e-mail of course!!
i found two or three about it when the service returned.

PPS the promised mini hub arrived sat afternoon by DPD courier but needed charging before use. but we were in the middle of a power cut..............................

My last “outage” was a failed ONT that refused to connect at more than 100 Mbit/s on its gigabit port. This was admittedly after a fairly nasty local lightning strike, which cooked quite a bit of other network equipment (it back fed to the ONT gigabit Ethernet port via the structured cabling from my fried network switches.)

To their credit, Openreach had it swapped out and running back at full steam by 10:30am the next morning. I had reported it to my CP, Cerberus around 16:30 the day before. So in effect well within 4 business hours.

It probably helps a tad that it’s a biz contract here rather than resi.
Standard User burble
(committed) Mon 28-Sep-20 09:29:27
Print Post

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

Fibre became active about 18months ago in our village, twice since that I know of the whole village have lost internet, I think both times took at least 12 hours to get back up and running.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User threelegs
(member) Mon 28-Sep-20 16:24:03
Print Post

[re: burble] [link to this post]

I must admit I was expecting a longer break in service as our ftth is served by overhead cables, so full marks to OR for the repair carried out amidst rotten weather especially the high winds. when they do get it right lets praise them.
  Print Thread

Jump to