General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User kjwkjw
(newbie) Wed 30-Sep-20 15:35:39
Print Post

FTTP - Signs of Install Starting!

[link to this post]

Afternoon All,

So I arrived home today and found the streets around my new build estate awash with BT vans and engineers opening up man hole covers and peering down them for a few minutes and then moving onto the next (one of them had a tablet with him which looked like it showed all the cable routes)

I live in a post code area that is part of the rural villages build (Minster/Sheerness) so was happy to see some sign of life.... should this mean that work is about to start hopefully?

The last email I had from the fibre contact team said all being well things should be live by MAR21 so it kind of all fits together hopefully?

I have been watching roadworks.org like a hawk so was very happy when I caught them in the act smile
Standard User slimj
(member) Thu 01-Oct-20 08:58:31
Print Post

Re: FTTP - Signs of Install Starting!

[re: kjwkjw] [link to this post]

It is likely yes, they may just be doing surveys at the moment, but it's a good sign.

FTTP work does appear to be picking up across Kent at the moment. I'm also seeing a few areas local to me that are not on any list with fibre coiled ready for rollout (assuming it's not FTTPoD) + postcodes in Ramsgate, Broadstairs, Deal, Faversham, etc starting to come online.
Standard User kjwkjw
(newbie) Thu 01-Oct-20 14:07:49
Print Post

[re: slimj] [link to this post]

A lot of Kent seems to be included in the various projects which is nice to see...

I am hoping being on a new build estate thats all been ducted in the last 5 years should mean its a quick win and we will be one of the first around here!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User kjwkjw
(newbie) Thu 01-Oct-20 20:04:21
Print Post

So they came back today, although they were from a company called Full Fibre Network Group and were installing blue draw ropes in the main pavement chambers (strangely they were only incorporated as a company in July 2020)

Guess they are doing the prep for the Openreach guys to come in behind and pull in the fibre?

Edited by kjwkjw (Thu 01-Oct-20 20:06:07)

Standard User shortshrift27
(newbie) Thu 01-Oct-20 20:24:24
Print Post

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/perry-spencer-b672b41b3
Standard User kjwkjw
(newbie) Thu 01-Oct-20 21:17:25
Print Post

[re: shortshrift27] [link to this post]

Ah! Obviously more money to be made in contracting smile I guess BT need all the help they can get with the scale of their role out plans.
Standard User CarlTSpeak
(committed) Fri 02-Oct-20 10:54:51
Print Post

Trying to get it done before they need a permit to get into Kent from outside and/or Kent unilaterally declares independence smile

Building better networks, not just faster ones.
Standard User kjwkjw
(newbie) Sun 10-Jan-21 14:41:11
Print Post

[re: CarlTSpeak] [link to this post]

Looks like my fibre dream is closing in!

Imagine my surprise to see activity in my floor box this morning (on a Sunday!)

CBT install complete, just need it all to be joined up now smile

https://pasteboard.co/JJ0jQTc.png
Standard User jamie1985
(newbie) Sun 10-Jan-21 23:49:00
Print Post

Normally once CBT is on it normally takes 1-4 weeks before FTTP shows up on BT site.. we switched from virgin to BT once we knew they were live and it took them 1 week go live once the CBT was installed.

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by jamie1985 (Sun 10-Jan-21 23:49:33)

Standard User kjwkjw
(newbie) Mon 11-Jan-21 07:37:20
Print Post

[re: jamie1985] [link to this post]

The guys doing the CBT installs across the estate said they would not be doing the splicing and that BT would be coming at some point to do it.

When I last got in touch with Openreach they said by March 21 so I guess they will come back some time before then to finish the job!

To be honest I am just happy it actually still happened to plan especially considering the current circumstances.

Just glad I have finally seen some concrete proof that its coming! smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to