General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Whitehall11
(newbie) Fri 16-Oct-20 13:38:32
Print Post

FTTC Cabinet Full...

[link to this post]

Hello All - Strange one from me today.

We've a property in Lancaster which is currently on a ADSL connection, which we want to connect to FTTC for obvious reasons.

According to the DSL Checker we are Cabinet 14, which is showing as avaliable, and ISP's also show that, but when we placed an order with BT the other day, it is saying that the cabinet is full (despite the DSL checker saying otherwise).

Now this is where the fun begins, the street i'm on has houses split between Cabinet 8 and Cabinet 14. Cabinet 8 is showing as 'Waiting List', but that is not what Cabinet 14 is showing, which we are supposedly connected to.

I have a feeling it may be a database error showing us on Cabinet 14 (Space Free) when we're really connected to Cabinet 8?

Any advice or suggestions? BT were rather unhelpful when i pointed out the DSL checker, and it doesn't look cabinet 8 is being upgraded till Jan 2021, or Cabinet 14 at all if it is the case it's full.
Standard User dect
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 16-Oct-20 17:41:19
Print Post

Re: FTTC Cabinet Full...

[re: Whitehall11] [link to this post]

Out of interest are you able to do any observational checks (in your street in conjunction with the DSL Checker) to confirm if you and your immediate neighbours are on cab 14 or 8?
Standard User Fastman3
(regular) Sat 17-Oct-20 10:22:47
Print Post

[re: Whitehall11] [link to this post]

did you do checker at a Address level or postcode level or telephone number level

telephone number level will be the most accurate

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 17-Oct-20 10:48:33
Print Post

[re: Fastman3] [link to this post]

Postcode level doesn't show FTTC/P. It was removed because a postcode can be served by multiple cabinets, and a cabinet can serve multiple postcodes. Which caused much confusion.

Entering just the postcode in the address checker does however, as that lists the individual properties and their respective cabinets.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
To argue with mindless bigots is foolish.

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 17-Oct-20 10:50:03)

Print Thread

Jump to