General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 21-Oct-20 00:12:34
Print Post

Zzoomm in Herefordshire

[link to this post]

By around 2022 by all accounts, i have never heard of them. Not that I'm going to bother with it, I am fine with the speed i have got, also how much will it cost to install and use.

oh yeah, link here.,

Adrian

Desktop machine Ryzen powered with windows 10 , reluctantly.

Plusnet FTTC
Standard User Pheasant
(member) Wed 21-Oct-20 07:07:56
Print Post

Re: Zzoomm in Herefordshire

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

Reads like it will be Gigaclear Mk II...build an altnet and sell it off to the pension funds / institutional investors when the price is right.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 21-Oct-20 09:37:58
Print Post

Re: Zzoomm in Herefordshire

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

I found their web page last night before I went to bed,here, only been around sine 2019 and yes i know these companies have to start somewhere, but I wonder why Hereford as their second service?
This is a small city and to be honest I think they will have problems getting customers as people will stick with what they have got and if it means digging trenches and drilling holes that will put a lot of people off.
By all accounts standard installation is free, I wonder how they will cope with flats?
100Mb/s is £29 a month, which is fine if you require that speed 2,000Mb/s which is the fastest is £99 a month.

I presume they will use BT ducts to get the fibre around the city, good luck on that, BT had problems when they put fibre down for FTTC, a lot of the ducts have fallen in.

Good luck to them, I say, it is about time that something like this came here.
We will wait and see.

Adrian

Desktop machine Ryzen powered with windows 10 , reluctantly.

Plusnet FTTC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to