General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User swill385
(newbie) Thu 19-Nov-20 13:23:33
Print Post

FTTP in Downham Market

[link to this post]

Hi guys,

Downham Market is part of the villages and market towns OR FTTP rollout and I have seen Openreach and their sub-contractors working in the street next to mine.

A few weeks ago, Opals Telecom were out with big reels of cable, then Morrison Utility Services paid a visit, and now it's just Openreach guys working in the footway boxes (maybe surveying?).

Unfortunately, I haven't noticed any work being carried out in my particular street yet. When I put my postcode into the Openreach checker, it says they are building the ultra-fast network in my area. Not sure whether this means exchange area or area as in my street, but seems to be a good sign nonetheless.

I was curious as to timescales and concerned about lack of activity in my street, so I emailed OR a few weeks ago and got a response from the fibre team that my area "was in a plan.. but the plan has now been cancelled".

I sent a follow-up to see if there were any further details, whether the plan is cancelled indefinitely or is likely to be revisited in the near future (i.e. blocked ducts yet to be cleared) and whether it is just my street that has been cancelled. I haven't received any response to this, and it is looking unlikely that I will.

Is there anyone "in the know" on here who could maybe help me with some more information or at least confirm that my street has in fact been cancelled? (I will provide further details of my location over PM to narrow things down).
Standard User swill385
(newbie) Mon 30-Nov-20 09:39:01
Print Post

Re: FTTP in Downham Market

[re: swill385] [link to this post]

Bump - anyone able to advise?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 30-Nov-20 09:57:22
Print Post

Re: FTTP in Downham Market

[re: swill385] [link to this post]

Nothing to add, hence no reply earlier.

Exchange has no obvious live areas yet, and it is normal for the live chunks to be patchy for a long time and some areas done at a later date. Reasons for this can be various from simple they know about a blocked duct but to keep building rates on target are bypassing for now to do the easier to get to areas.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to