General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User woakesd
(newbie) Mon 30-Nov-20 17:03:36
Print Post

Not able to get 76Mbs service

[link to this post]

I'm thinking of changing FTTC provider and on Friday (27 Nov 2020) was checking options and was able to get Fibre plus from EE.

Checking today (30 Nov 2020) I can only get Fibre (36Mbs) which is slower than my current connection with Vodafone. It has to be said that the actual speed we get is around 42Mbs (according to my Google Wifi box) and at times the connection isn't reliable.

If I decided to go for EE Fibre would I expect to get the 36Mbs or something slower like 20Mbs rather like we get 42Mbs instead of 76Mbs?
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Mon 30-Nov-20 17:29:59
Print Post

Re: Not able to get 76Mbs service

[re: woakesd] [link to this post]

If you currently see 42Mbps, then with a 40Mbps service you should sync at 40.000/39.999/39.998 and that will mean you should get a good 36-38 Mbps throughput. Just becasue the top/capped speed is halved does not mean throughput is aswell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User woakesd
(newbie) Mon 30-Nov-20 20:29:33
Print Post

Re: Not able to get 76Mbs service

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Thanks, happy to know that. I was just keen to avoid 'downgrading' and ending up with something much worse. FTTP should be available here soon (though we've been waiting for a year since they did most of the work) so will switch to a slower service which will hopefully be more reliable!

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to