General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Grimers
(newbie) Mon 29-Mar-21 15:28:29
Print Post

Re: Colaton Raleigh FTTP Rollout

[re: Whitehall11] [link to this post]

Do you think this could be because Colaton Raleigh is a small exchange? Would they eventually make 1000/220 available to people/businesses who may need it?
Standard User candlerb
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 29-Mar-21 15:50:08
Print Post

[re: Grimers] [link to this post]

In short, no.

FTTP doesn't terminate in small exchanges - the fibre runs directly to larger "head end" exchanges, bypassing both the cabinets and the small exchanges.

Eventually when the copper network is retired, many small exchanges will close.
Standard User Grimers
(newbie) Mon 29-Mar-21 15:53:09
Print Post

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

Ah yes, my bad. It comes from Sidmouth which provides very little FTTP, but there is a new build in my village that has 1000/220 FTTP so maybe they will upgrade the speeds in time. smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Whitehall11
(regular) Mon 29-Mar-21 17:14:53
Print Post

Yeah - I assume BTW is at capacity at Sidmouth or is yet to purchase it's / more of the 10GB Cable Links to their backhaul network which support the higher speeds. I imagine in time this will upgraded relatively soon as BTW and OR most likely share upgrade plans, and will upgrade when they see fit.

TalkTalk 500 is a good sign to show it's not a Vendor issue (I.e. Huawei not ECI).

Edited by Whitehall11 (Mon 29-Mar-21 17:15:12)

Standard User Grimers
(newbie) Mon 29-Mar-21 17:54:31
Print Post

[re: Whitehall11] [link to this post]

I see! Yeah, I'm glad we have Huawei kit on this exchange, being connected to a Huawei cabinet has many advantages! laugh
Standard User Grimers
(newbie) Fri 02-Apr-21 21:57:51
Print Post

I forgot to mention that the properties that can order FTTP are marked as "Planned" and have been for many days. Does anyone know what this means and how long it takes for the status to go to "Available"? Thanks!
Standard User Realalemadrid
(committed) Sat 03-Apr-21 09:50:42
Print Post

So they can't actually order FTTP if it says planned, it means just that and no one (apart from Openreach employees in the know) will be able to tell you how long before it changes to available. Could be weeks, months etc.
Standard User Grimers
(newbie) Sat 03-Apr-21 12:48:34
Print Post

[re: Realalemadrid] [link to this post]

Well, they can because I put their address into an ISPs checker and they could order a FTTP service... wink
Standard User Realalemadrid
(committed) Sun 04-Apr-21 08:33:08
Print Post

ISP checkers will tell you anything, it may not be correct. Do you know if there are actually any working FTTP connections where the checker only says "Planned"? I doubt it.

You need to see something like this on the BT availability checker in the text below the speed estimates ....

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with no anticipated issues.

ONT exists with active service. No spare ports are available. A new ONT may be ordered.

I did find a property in the area with planned status, in this case the checker says ...

FTTP is in Planned status. An order may be placed which will be processed when the network is ready.

So maybe you can place an order but you won't get any service yet, not sure how the ISP ordering systems would handle that.

Edited by Realalemadrid (Sun 04-Apr-21 08:59:12)

Standard User candlerb
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 04-Apr-21 08:59:19
Print Post

[re: Realalemadrid] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Realalemadrid:
ISP checkers will tell you anything, it may not be correct. Do you know if there are actually any working FTTP connections where the checker only says "Planned"? I doubt it.

You need to see something like this on the BT availability checker in the text below the speed estimates ....

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with no anticipated issues.

ONT exists with active service. No spare ports are available. A new ONT may be ordered.

You'll only see "ONT exists with active service" when FTTP has actually been installed at the property. Prior to that you will see something like this:

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed Not Evaluated.

FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to