General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Realalemadrid
(committed) Sun 04-Apr-21 09:04:15
Print Post

Re: Colaton Raleigh FTTP Rollout

[re: candlerb] [link to this post]

That's what I was asking the OP, he won't find any with active service, I have just edited my post, it seems you can place an order when in Planned status but obviously not get any service, so not a lot of use.
Standard User Grimers
(learned) Sun 04-Apr-21 09:10:54
Print Post

[re: Realalemadrid] [link to this post]

Yes, that's what I'm seeing. Yes, what I meant was that they can place an order but they won't be connected until the network goes live smile

EDIT: I've just checked a "Planned" property's UPRN and it's showing as "Available". Interesting!

Edited by Grimers (Sun 04-Apr-21 09:21:04)

Standard User candlerb
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 04-Apr-21 09:24:47
Print Post

[re: Grimers] [link to this post]

I don't believe that Openreach accept "pre-orders" before the network is ready. I think you're just seeing a database update artifact - a delay between being able to accept orders, and the public-facing checker updating to reflect this.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Grimers
(learned) Sun 04-Apr-21 10:04:46
Print Post

Gotcha! I did wonder now that "Planned" status has been showing for a long time...
Standard User Grimers
(learned) Tue 06-Apr-21 16:04:55
Print Post

Well, looks like the address checker is incorrect but the UPRN isn't! Spotted a CBT with a subscriber connected earlier and wholla!

"ONT exists with active service. No spare ports are available. A new ONT may be ordered."
Standard User Grimers
(regular) Thu 15-Apr-21 15:07:34
Print Post

Well, BNE are out in force in my village (Newton Poppleford) quite a bit, atm! Looks like we're on the home stretch! smile
ISP Representative aquiss
(isp) Fri 16-Apr-21 08:30:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by candlerb:
I don't believe that Openreach accept "pre-orders" before the network is ready. I think you're just seeing a database update artifact - a delay between being able to accept orders, and the public-facing checker updating to reflect this.

Openreach do accept Planned Orders. They are treated the same as FTTC Waiting Lists, they hold the order until the network locally is ready. These orders will basically be allocated the first appointments in a Planned area once live.

Our systems and checkers are already setup to support the Planned status flag, some of the bigger providers will just throw it back as unavailable.

Martin Pitt
Company Founder
Aquiss Limited
https://www.aquiss.net

FTTC, FTTP, GEA, EFM, Leased Lines, Telecoms and Hosting
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User Grimers
(regular) Sun 18-Apr-21 18:56:58
Print Post

[re: aquiss] [link to this post]

That's interesting. How come where there is a live connection, it still says "Planned" on the address checker then, even though the UPRN says "Available"?

Edited by Grimers (Sun 18-Apr-21 18:57:50)

Standard User Grimers
(member) Sat 01-May-21 20:28:55
Print Post

More properties on the exchange are now appearing as "Planned" on the BTw checker, although none are showing as "Available" yet, from what I've searched. Strange!

Edited by Grimers (Sat 01-May-21 20:29:15)

Standard User Whitehall11
(member) Sat 01-May-21 21:12:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by Grimers:
More properties on the exchange are now appearing as "Planned" on the BTw checker, although none are showing as "Available" yet, from what I've searched. Strange!

Having just had a look myself - It looks like the whole worry of 330 / 50 and not 1000 / 200, may of been driven by the fact the database has not been touched yet.

When FTTP usually comes online, a few days before the status changes to 1000 / 200 etc to recognise the headend is Huawei etc, not ECI which was capped.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to