User comments on ISPs
  >> EE (Everything Everywhere) and Orange

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Thu 04-Jul-19 22:02:43
Print Post

Unable to reset password :(

[link to this post]

Hey All

Not needed to login onto my EE Account in ages, but was going to log in to buy a new / replacement Nano-SIM (4FF) for my new phone due to my current sim is too big, sadly I cannot remember my password, and its one that isn't written down frown

So I went through all the steps to request to reset my password, this is where the issues is...
I am not receiving these emails and these emails last only 30 mins before they become invalid, I am using Gmail and have done for years, basically not got around to moving it over to our own mail server.

I have sent EE a DM via Twitter, I have sent a couple of Tweets and have received absolutely no response from them.

Any other option apart from phoning 150, or is that the only option.

p.s. I know this is a broadband forums, but it's an EE Account.

Thanks

Paul

BTBroadband - Ultrafast Fibre 2 Plus + FVA
Exchange Name: Ilford Central (LNILC) Cabinet: 24
TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest (Single Threaded) | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)

Edited by PaulKirby (Thu 04-Jul-19 22:03:56)

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 05-Jul-19 05:11:25
Print Post

Re: Unable to reset password :(

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Have you looked in your Spam & Junk mail? Even on the GMail Webmail?

However getting into your MyEE won't get you a replacement SIM.

Take new phone & old SIM into an EE shop & they'll transfer number, any SIM contacts & credit if applicable to a replacement SIM of correct size for free or order a replacement SIM online at https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/order-sim/ for £1.50.

You are on EE & not Orange or T-Mobile to be able to get an EE 4G SIM?

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Fri 05-Jul-19 10:41:42)

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 05-Jul-19 08:41:00
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Have you looked in your Spam & Junk mail? Even on the GMail Webmail?

I already did lastnight.

However getting into your MyEE won't get you a replacement SIM.

I was trying to log onto the EE Site, I know it will cost me a few quid for one.

Take new phone & old SIM into an EE shop & they'll transfer number, any SIM contacts & credit if applicable to a replacement SIM of correct size for free or order a replacement SIM online at https://explore.ee.co.uk/Order-a-new-SIM for £1.50.

I cannot go out due to health reasons.

You are on EE & not Orange or T-Mobile to be able to get an EE 4G SIM?

I was One2One, then T-Mobile to now EE.

I am in mid conversation with EE via Twitter atm, but I might have to just go and phone 150 and ask for a new Sim Replacement.

Paul

TBB Speedtest IPv4 | TBB Speedtest IPv6 | Ookla Speedtest (Single Threaded) | Linksys WRT 3200 ACM (BQM)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User mking90031
(learned) Fri 05-Jul-19 09:02:52
Print Post

Paul,

Have you thought about transferring away from EE? There might be cheaper tariffs out there that you might be happier with....

Just my 2 cents worth....

HTH,

Mark King MCP
www.mark-king-basingstoke.co.uk
Virginmedia 345Mb/sec Down & 25Mb/sec Up
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 05-Jul-19 09:13:10
Print Post

[re: mking90031] [link to this post]

Well my monthly bill is just ~£10, I have never had any issues, just seems they might be having email issues.

Paul

Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 05-Jul-19 10:33:48
Print Post

You don't need to login to the EE site to order a replacement SIM. Just click on the link I gave you (which I got wrong - should be https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/order-sim/ ).

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Fri 05-Jul-19 10:43:02)

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 05-Jul-19 11:31:41
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Ah smile

Well they ended up phoning me and it seems that where I use to be on T-Mobile that they never moved over the accounts over to EE (what they said on the phone) but they did say they are sending me a new Nano Sim free of charge which is nice.

I did ask what about my online account just in case I have any more issues, and they said they couldn't say and that if I get any issues in the future to just let them know via Twitter or phone 150.

So my gripe is, my account is with EE, I currently have an EE Standard Sim, my Bill says EE I also get EE emails (just not the reset password emails), yet they say my account is still down as T-Mobile.

It just baffles me how these companies run.

But at least I got a replacement for free, so I am partially happy smile

Paul

Print Thread

Jump to