General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User filbert42
(newbie) Fri 17-May-19 21:56:58
Print Post

duct appeared on telegraph pole

[link to this post]

About a year ago, an OR contractor did some work on the pole opposite my house and left a coiled green and yellow duct hanging down. It's marked FTTP. They also did some work on a manhole and dug up a short stretch of road.

We are about 1mile form the cabinet and VDSL speeds are not good (around 6mbs down and 0.6 up). They also can get very sluggish in the evenings.

I'd love something faster - can I hope that the work they did indicates that something is likely to happen?

If this has been covered before, I can't find the thread, so a pointer would be gratefully received.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 18-May-19 00:23:05
Print Post

Re: duct appeared on telegraph pole

[re: filbert42] [link to this post]

In Wales or elsewhere?

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User filbert42
(newbie) Sat 18-May-19 09:51:13
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Sorry, should have made it clear - I'm in rural Worcestershire. The local exchange is WMSUC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 18-May-19 10:42:00
Print Post

[re: filbert42] [link to this post]

Well thats better than Wales where some orphaned bits of fibre do exist...

Best to check at https://www.superfastworcestershire.com/ which does seem to show if there is a plan to deliver to you.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User filbert42
(newbie) Sun 19-May-19 22:00:38
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks - hadn't seen that site. Unfortunately, it says "A network upgrade to superfast speeds (24Mbps+) is not currently planned for your area". Digging a bit further, it seems the the properties by the exchange have 'super fast' options but that doesn't reach anywhere near where I am.

Ho hum
  Print Thread

Jump to