General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 31-Aug-19 14:16:41
Print Post

Re: Fake Open Reach calls - again.

[re: Vorlon] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Vorlon:
But it's quite sad to see that perhaps it'll be the Fake Call centres wherever they are located will lead to the downfall of the Genuine Indian call centre.

Indeed, and that will be the fault of the Indian authorities who turned a blind eye, or worse accepted bribes, because the victims were not living in India.

Oliver.
Standard User gary333
(member) Sat 31-Aug-19 18:30:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by Vorlon:
In reply to a post by cheshire_man:
BT are in the process of moving their call centres back to the UK, to be completed by 2020

Interesting read - am still gobsmacked about the rice comment!

I know many of these Indian call centres have had Graduates work for them as their ideal employment paths are hard to find. But it's quite sad to see that perhaps it'll be the Fake Call centres wherever they are located will lead to the downfall of the Genuine Indian call centre.
Perhaps when that happens people will tend to assume that calls with Indian sounding representatives are bogus by default?

I've never been a fan of that sort of outsourcing, not because of any anti foreigner thinking, but because I think it's better when people know more than just the language.

Nah, the scams ainít whatís causing the multitude of companies to move away from India. The problem is that people hate talking to Indian call centres and make lots of noise about it. A lot of the fault is down to poor process training & translation of ďthe askĒ. Secondary to this, but largely contributory is also the cultural barriers that ainít obvious on the surface. Iím not sure how best to describe this sensitively, but in terms of people in charge of the outsourcing contracts are getting very frustrated with the very common intrinsic and cultural norms that donít form Ďonshoreí. Put simply itís very difficult to successfully manage. The push at the moment is to move voice to South Africa where language barrier is less of an issue. Simple processes where language ainít problematic to Philippines.

Edited by gary333 (Sat 31-Aug-19 18:33:02)

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 31-Aug-19 18:54:49
Print Post

[re: gary333] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by gary333:
Nah, the scams ainít whatís causing the multitude of companies to move away from India.

Plus companies are moving back office jobs to India. Those jobs that don't need to talk to the customer directly. (e.g. many IT jobs).

plusnet 80/20 (2/jun/14) at 470m; high sync history: 64/9 (Sep/17), 54/6 (Jan/19), 51/6 (Mar/19), 47/6 (Aug/19)
20 years of broadband from 1999's ntl:cable modem trial - Live BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User bigluap
(learned) Sat 31-Aug-19 19:29:28
Print Post

Firstly the number that displays is computer spoofed, been going on for years, one of the TV programs show someone spoofing a call that using a Mainstream banks fraud number. So dont believe what you see in caller display.

I work in a Corporate HQ with 500 lines, after they get me for 2 or 3 times they reconise the voice and ring off. But the first few are fun, have you done this, can you see that best so far 15 mins. Cut them dead by saying do you really think I am that stoopid. Plus the internet is in a sandbox & via VPN.

And we dont use BT or me at home.

nb it might say newbie, Been building PCs since 386SX25 late 80's
My network is VM connection 200mbit VMDG 480 Gigabit routers Netgear Nighthawk R8000 & R7800 2 x cat5e cables to work room, have 3 gigabit switches at key points. Routers give me 3x 2.4 & 5 5.0 GHz WiFi channels - one for each device.
Standard User MC31
(member) Sun 01-Sep-19 09:09:41
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by cheshire_man:
BT are in the process of moving their call centres back to the UK, to be completed by 2020

Let's just hope they do the same with the internal technical support numbers.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 01-Sep-19 16:58:01
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:
Indeed, and that will be the fault of the Indian authorities who turned a blind eye, or worse accepted bribes, because the victims were not living in India.

Do they
Oh yes they do
need I go on?

Sadly they make so much that they spring up again.

Bit like the "Ambulance chasers" we have over here.

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to