General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User JuanMaddox
(newbie) Thu 16-Jan-20 08:32:01
Print Post

How Do I upgrade my internet speeds?

[link to this post]

any1 here know how I can upgrade my internet? I called my internet service provider multiple times this year asking if I can get better speeds in my area... I have 25 down and 5 up now for like 3 years, so I cant rly stream on twitch or I dont get the speeds I want., In april I called them and they said I will get better speeds "very soon" and its been like 6 months, I also get higher ping when other people use the internet and stuff so its kinda important for me, they said I cant get higher speeds unless the line to my house gets upgraded, I live in the west of Ireland and a lot of people around me have faster speeds than me like 150 down and 30 up , which would be perfect for me. can anyone help me?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 16-Jan-20 09:52:09
Print Post

Re: How Do I upgrade my internet speeds?

[re: JuanMaddox] [link to this post]

If this is genuine, rather than pre-spam advice is as follows

Core expertise of this site is UK based, so provider specifics will be generic for other countries.

The key part is that your current provider will be under no obligation to tell you about alternate providers that can go faster, so you need to find out who the ISP of this 150 service and whether they can supply to you and at what cost.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User JuanMaddox
(newbie) Tue 11-Feb-20 00:26:06
Print Post

Re: How Do I upgrade my internet speeds? *DELETED*

Post deleted by MrSaffron

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Tue 11-Feb-20 21:47:41
Print Post

Re: How Do I upgrade my internet speeds?

You can stream to Twitch with 5Mbits upload, just set your resolution to 720p @30 fps and use 3,000Kbits (3Mbps) most streamers use 720p to allow for more viewers.

Twitch has a nice page with these settings here: https://stream.twitch.tv/encoding/

Paul

Print Thread

Jump to