General Discussion
  >> General Broadband Chatter

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User thomaswarne01
(member) Fri 04-Sep-20 18:00:27
Print Post

Re: What provider is @surfdsluk

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

My friends office broadband is what I am referring to,
the @surfdsl is the end part of the broadband credentials, obviosuly the company that we are going to is re-selling broadband from a wholesale company and not direct like BT, TalkTalk, Sky etc...
Just interested as it is moving from BT to another provider, and from experience
@btbroadband.com @talktalkbusiness, @talktalk.net, @plusdsl.net etc.... gives an indicator of what provider you are using
I am assuming it is either Daisy or WPD telecom, not concerning me just curios as to look out for service outages on a particular providers network
No dodgy business on my behalf sorry if this confused people.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 04-Sep-20 18:55:58
Print Post

This post is off topic for the OP's question.
In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Thank Matts. But that just landed me in stuff completely out of my depth. Google was not my friend this time.

When you design authentication systems that work with multiple parties, or areas of a business, you often need a way of saying userX in group Y. The group is the realm. Authentication systems might be based on RADIUS, LDAP, Kerberos or even SAML or similar.

For example you might be [email protected] whom is different to [email protected]

In the Openreach / BTwholesale world, there seems to be some groups that like to use their DNS name as their realm, but the dots are not signifying anything to the authentication server, for example:
[email protected] or [email protected]

There is no link between the name after the at sign, and anything to do with TCP/IP's DNS hierarchy.

20 years of broadband connectivity since 1999 trial - Live BQM
Standard User sills
(member) Tue 08-Sep-20 22:35:25
Print Post

[re: thomaswarne01] [link to this post]

@surfdsluk is Digital Wholesale Solutions (formerly Daisy). Logins ending in that are provided over the BT Wholesale network and are usually in the format of [email protected]

They also use @accessdsluk for connections provided over TalkTalk's network.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User danielhyde
(regular) Wed 09-Sep-20 10:34:22
Print Post

[re: sills] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sills:
@surfdsluk is Digital Wholesale Solutions (formerly Daisy). Logins ending in that are provided over the BT Wholesale network and are usually in the format of [email protected]

They also use @accessdsluk for connections provided over TalkTalk's network.

I did not know Daisy had renamed.
I did say AFAIK it was daisy but no one seemed to read my post xD
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 09-Sep-20 10:49:34
Print Post

[re: danielhyde] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by danielhyde:
You said it was "used by Daisy". Lots of people use @gmail.com, but that doesn't make them the company called Alphabet.

As for no one reading your first post, you seemingly didn't read the reply to it tongue 🤣.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
To argue with mindless bigots is foolish.
Standard User danielhyde
(regular) Wed 09-Sep-20 11:55:35
Print Post

In reply to a post by danielhyde:
You said it was "used by Daisy". Lots of people use @gmail.com, but that doesn't make them the company called Alphabet.

As for no one reading your first post, you seemingly didn't read the reply to it tongue 🤣.

Actually I said it was used by Daisy Telecom so you haven't ready the post properly.
Also you said about something unrelated about a TLD which is not needed for a DSL login.

Edited by danielhyde (Wed 09-Sep-20 11:57:39)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 09-Sep-20 12:27:46
Print Post

Read what you quoted! How did I quote what you said without having read it?

Also, Matt at uno has already enlightened me about it being a reference to a realm, for which I thanked him. You did not have the courtesy to do so before he needed to.

You wrongly complained that nobody read your post. Now you are blustering and being silly. I suggest we both just drop it. It doesn't help the thread, and the question has been comprehensively answered anyway.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 09-Sep-20 12:28:46
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

I've just spotted I didn't thank you as well as Matt, James. The further info was very helpful.

========================
Standard User danielhyde
(regular) Wed 09-Sep-20 13:00:45
Print Post

Read what you quoted! How did I quote what you said without having read it?

Also, Matt at uno has already enlightened me about it being a reference to a realm, for which I thanked him. You did not have the courtesy to do so before he needed to.

You wrongly complained that nobody read your post. Now you are blustering and being silly. I suggest we both just drop it. It doesn't help the thread, and the question has been comprehensively answered anyway.

Again you've proved you can't read as what you wrote that I said "You said it was "used by Daisy"." when the quoted text said "I did not know Daisy had renamed."
Standard User strzelecki
(regular) Wed 09-Sep-20 13:41:21
Print Post

It's just their Wholesale division that's been renamed. The rest of the Daisy Group has stayed as it was.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to