Technical Discussion
  >> Hardware Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Mon 01-Jun-20 20:42:15
Print Post

Re: Has anyone any experience with Palicomp Limited

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

I bought from QPC donkeys years ago. They were way over-priced, and I imagine still are, compared to others. You can get most of the quiet kit from other places nowadays.
Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Mon 01-Jun-20 20:48:58
Print Post

[re: TrevorSP] [link to this post]

No experience of them, but have and still use:

Aria
Ebuyer
CCL
Overclockers (co.uk)
Scan
Amazon (only if sold by them or guaranteed by them)

PCPartPicker is a good place to get a rundown of various prices for a part, and vendors available. One or two are way overpriced, but there's a good selection (subject to Covid-related stock levels etc).
Standard User TrevorSP
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 02-Jun-20 16:22:00
Print Post

[re: camieabz] [link to this post]

Yup,

I would give a big thumbs up for CCL, used to use them for virtually everything in the past.

Funny how you should mention, them as I have decided, and ordered a couple of parts from them today and a lot of things from Amazon! Only because of the price and the fact it comes tomorrow for free as a Prime member.

So, plans changed, got all sorts of bits from all sorts of people and decided to build my own.
Had a hard think about it and decided that I have nothing better on at the moment as I am still not supposed to be going out at the moment.

So thanks for all the advice as it got me over the hill and made me decide NOT to buy a complete package, but to put my own together, that way if it goes wrong, there is only one person to blame crazy Me !

Thanks again folks you helped me pick myself up and make my own smile...........

Regards,
Trevor

BT 80/20 and Mobile phone package. Happy with both

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Wed 03-Jun-20 13:02:52
Print Post

Can you let us know if it does take one day for delivery?

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User TrevorSP
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 09-Jun-20 18:15:58
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

The parts I got from Palicomp arrived in perfect condition, very well packed and the next day as promised!

Two other parcels, ordered from different companies, both still on Amazon using PRIME, and both promised next day delivery the same as Palicomp.

Long story short, both HERMES parcels shown on their computer as Delivered the next day, with no signature and no picture of where they were put should I have been out, which I wasn't!
Waited another three days for them to be delivered at 21.31hrs!
Yet their Customer Facing Tracking System still shows they were delivered on time.

Absolutely zero problems with Palicomp and the service from the chap I spoke to who rang up to confirm the order was very pleasant. Offered any help I needed regardless that most of the parts were not coming from them ! ! !

Regards,
Trevor

Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Tue 09-Jun-20 18:26:54
Print Post

I've heard of many people with Prime (next day delivery) that have had parcels delivered after 3 or 4 days.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User TrevorSP
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 09-Jun-20 18:39:38
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

With us in this area, it is HERMES that causes the problem and when you speak to their drivers you realise why. They are treated like rubbish and do the best they can. There just isn't enough of them no matter what they say to local management in this area. Most days they are out until after 10pm !

It is virtually impossible to contact Hermes if you look at Amazon Prime and the companies they use, they all have telephone numbers to ring and email addresses for queries.

HERMES is the only one that is blank, no phone, no email and their website is atrocious!

Just a personal opinion of the folks that live in this particular area. We all try and avoid using HERMES wherever possible. Amazon Prime is usually very good!

Regards,
Trevor

Standard User Ancient_Mariner
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 26-Jun-20 22:51:36
Print Post

And yet another vote for Novatech. Bought a bare-bones pc in August 2014.
It's an easy way to get the mother board, processor and memory to the required spec for each other. I am still very pleased with the result.

Depending upon what you want it for, an interesting range of pc's is from VJM Computers in Preston.

My wife wanted a new pc for email, browsing etc and at around that time came across VJM. Seems to be a one-man firm.

They supply a range of mini pc's. My wifes fits on the back of the monitor.
She has had it since September last year and it is prefect for what she wanted.

The spec is:

Gigabyte Brix GB-BACE-3160 Quad Core Windows 10 Pro Ultra Compact Mini PC - 4GB
DDR3L SODIMM 1600MHz, 240GB Kingston 2.5" SSD Win10 Pro. £254.95 inclusive.

I asked them/him some pre-sale questions and got good answers. No regrets at all.

(One day I will master Windows 10 ..............)

Cheers!

Clive

Andrews & Arnold Home::1 FTTC DrayTek Vigor 2762ac Cisco SPA112 and HUAWEI E5776 with O2 Data SIM
Standard User TrevorSP
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 28-Jun-20 17:01:21
Print Post

[re: Ancient_Mariner] [link to this post]

The only reason I don't go for a standard PC for emails and browsing is a game!
How sad of me!

It is Microsofts Flight Simulator X (FSX).
Now taken over by another company and put up on steam.
It literally has thousands of third party add ons, the majority of which work perfectly!

You don't get scored on your flight, so I add various things that give me feedback on the flight.
FSPassengers adds people luggage and freight. Along with boarding times, which must be met at the right gate.
Another addon gives me the correct and realtime air traffic at a particular airport.
Another addon gives me the correct weather for my location realtime.

From a basic FSX Platform, you can make it a far more interesting game, with passengers that rate you up or down because of the quality of the flight, how much you spent on their meals and quality of the inflight films/entertainment etc. Whether you get them to a jetty at an airport where it is raining or you make them walk to a bus in the rain or worse, walk to the airport in the rain!
They even scream during bad turbulence. Give them too much alcohol and you get the expected results!

All this takes a toll on a "normal" PC !!!

Regards,
Trevor

"Aquila non capit muscas uel timet latrantem canem"
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to