User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Damo_clover
(newbie) Wed 06-Feb-19 09:59:06
Print Post

Install on housing estate

[link to this post]

I'm looking to find out if Hyperoptic consider installations on housing estates as well as apartment buildings

We a 93 house estate in the Salford area of Greater Manchester and we're supplied by unsatisfactory slow fibre max of 25mbps, there is no Virgin Media either

The postcodes of the addresses of the estate are M7 1RF/M7 1RB, M7 1RG, M7 1RA, M7 1PA
image.png
Your services are very close to our address on an estate on the other side of the River

We're in talks with openreach with FTTPoD and trying to get as many options as possible

If you could reply to confirm if hyperoptic would consider us for install I would really appreciate it
Standard User blueacid
(experienced) Mon 11-Feb-19 16:47:32
Print Post

Re: Install on housing estate

[re: Damo_clover] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Damo_clover:
I'm looking to find out if Hyperoptic consider installations on housing estates as well as apartment buildings

We a 93 house estate in the Salford area of Greater Manchester and we're supplied by unsatisfactory slow fibre max of 25mbps, there is no Virgin Media either

The postcodes of the addresses of the estate are M7 1RF/M7 1RB, M7 1RG, M7 1RA, M7 1PA
image.png
Your services are very close to our address on an estate on the other side of the River

We're in talks with openreach with FTTPoD and trying to get as many options as possible

If you could reply to confirm if hyperoptic would consider us for install I would really appreciate it

I think this'd be the sort of request that'd be better to send them via email; try [email protected] and give them all the details. I'd imagine that if they aren't able to rule it out straight away, they'd probably add your estate to their website & encourage residents to sign up and register interest. Then, that'd feed into their planning/rollout strategy. But, hopefully given they surround you the financials of any potential rollout might be more appealing!

It's another option as well, but drop Virgin Media's "cable my street" address an email; while I speculate you'd prefer FTTP/Hyperoptic compared to VM, I doubt you'd kick them out of bed if they turned up with their 350mbit service!
Standard User Damo_clover
(newbie) Tue 19-Feb-19 14:17:03
Print Post

[re: blueacid] [link to this post]

Thanks for the advice

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User baby_frogmella
(knowledge is power) Tue 19-Feb-19 15:30:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by Damo_clover:

They do but its not widespread and where they do, it tends to be new-builds. MDUs (both new build & old build) are their bread & butter, i think its very rare to see them retro-fit existing homes with FTTP. However as blueacid says, no harm in asking them.

FluidOne FTTPoD 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2
Standard User MCM
(knowledge is power) Tue 19-Feb-19 15:58:11
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Two or three years ago Hyperoptic were interested in providing a service to our development of low rise flats (39) and terraced houses (36) which was built in 1989/90. Their proposal included supplying the houses via ethernet installed externally in conduit fitted below the eaves.
ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Wed 20-Feb-19 11:50:42
Print Post

Hi there,

Thank you for your interest in our service and getting in touch.

We'd love to bring our speeds to your area and you can help us by pointing us your direction.
You can register your interest here -> http://ow.ly/docR30cxT3L and get your neighbours to do the same, the more interest we receive from a building/area, the more chance there is of our service becoming available.
This will speed up the process so that we can start negotiating with building management and developing our installation plan for your area.

If you have any additional questions, we're here to help.

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or email to [email protected]
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
  Print Thread

Jump to