User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User adhodgson
(newbie) Thu 29-Aug-19 13:01:57
Print Post

DHCP reservations on Tilgin router

[link to this post]

Hi,

Using the default Hyperoptic router, does anyone know if there is a way of setting static DHCP reservations? I can reserve IP addresses in the LAN clients section, but this assigns the current DHCP address. I want to assign static IPs in the DHCP range from 192.168.1.100. On other routers I can set the static IP I want when reserving the client's MAC address, but all I seem to be able to do here is to set the current DHCP address as static. The reason I want to use DHCP for this is that I don't want manually configured IP addresses on the kit, plus the DHCP updates the local DNS on the router which helps with some applications I use.

Thanks.
Andrew.
ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Thu 29-Aug-19 15:14:47
Print Post

Re: DHCP reservations on Tilgin router

[re: adhodgson] [link to this post]

Hey there,

We've checked and can see one of our agents was able to assist with this over chat. We hope this helped. If you need further assistance or more information, feel free to get in touch.

Thanks in advance.

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or email to [email protected]
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User adhodgson
(newbie) Thu 29-Aug-19 15:31:48
Print Post

Re: DHCP reservations on Tilgin router

[re: Hyperoptic_CS] [link to this post]

Hi,

Yes I got a link to the user guide in the chat but it didn't answer the question which is why I posted here rather than starting a new chat in case someone else knew how to do this.

Thanks.
Andrew.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to