User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dev8
(newbie) Sat 16-May-20 10:43:20
Print Post

Static IP issues connecting with PS4

[link to this post]

Morning all, so I previously had my PS4 manually set up with an IP 192.168.1.Xxx and I had put that IP into DMZ mode on my router via admin settings. Mainly play COD online, now as don’t play as regular as did never noticed issue until last few weeks of lockdown. Getting kicked a lot from servers. Nat type is showing as open.. long story short called HO about this told I was better to set up with a static IP for £5 a month. Ok fine I will give this a shout (trying to get their team to actually get this working now on my PS4 is becoming a total joke now) connection error everytime I have tried to connect.

So I have entered my new IP address manually along with ew gateway IP they provided me and subnet mask etc and it just never connects.. tried so many variations now and won’t connect (sadly there apparent technical team) no one is really helping or willing to help

In the past they have done all port forwarding and sent through relevant correct settings. I can’t surely be only person with a static Ip for gaming on their network.

I know on 192.168 option everyone subnet 255.255 etc is same and 192.168.1.1 is also same. But with static IP been giving different ones and when entered doesn’t connect, even tried older ones above with new IP and won’t connect .

Anyone had similar issues? Or have an idea on how to get this working? As a note if let it connect automatically it works fine so I know it’s working.

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 16-May-20 11:38:36
Print Post

Re: Static IP issues connecting with PS4

[re: dev8] [link to this post]

Which devices are getting the public IP address may be confusing you.

With standard Hyperoptic there is CGNAT in the network and NAT on the router.

With CGNAT you are sharing a public IP address with multiple users, and then on a local LAN range e.g. 192.168.x.x behind the NAT on the router

With their static IP option you get your own static IPv4 address to the public side of the NAT router in the property, but nothing changes for local devices.

In short just set the PS4 to get its IP address dynamically from the Hyperoptic router.

If you are trying to set up the public static IP on the PS4 that will not work, as the IP address needs to be used by the router.

Also should be no need for the PS4 to be in the DMZ.

If you insist on having a public IP for the Hyperoptic router and the PS4 (see no reason why this is needed) then you would need a block of IPv4 addresses from Hyperoptic which they don't do and as I've said is NOT needed.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Sat 16-May-20 18:50:27
Print Post

Re: Static IP issues connecting with PS4

[re: dev8] [link to this post]

Hi there! We'd like to check your router configuration and see how we can help with specific PS4 setup. Please send us your account address in a private message and we'll advise you further.

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or email to [email protected]
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to