User comments on ISPs
  >> Hyperoptic

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User karypid
(newbie) Tue 23-Feb-21 10:35:25
Print Post

Can a PC with pfSense connect to Hyperoptic uplink?

[link to this post]

I have a PC with pfSense running on it, as well as two Ethernet ports.

My question is: can I plug the Hyperoptic cable to the PC and configure pfSense to directly talk to Hyperoptic as an uplink?

I am not sure what is needed for this (I know it's definitely IPv6 support, but there must be other stuff).

If anyone has had success with this, could you kindly post what configuration was required?

Thanks!
Standard User karypid
(newbie) Tue 23-Feb-21 17:20:07
Print Post

Re: Can a PC with pfSense connect to Hyperoptic uplink?

[re: karypid] [link to this post]

FYI, I've successfully connected via pfSense. Nothing special was needed. I simply unplugged the hyperoptic router and plugged in the pfSense WAN port. DHCPv6 'just worked' and brought up the interface. Quite uneventful and no issues so far.
ISP Representative Hyperoptic_CS
(isp) Tue 02-Mar-21 11:11:16
Print Post

Re: Can a PC with pfSense connect to Hyperoptic uplink?

[re: karypid] [link to this post]

Hi there!

Thanks for your query. If you're still figuring out how to connect your device, don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message or by contacting us via e-mail ([email protected]) or over the phone on 0333 332 1111. We'll be more than happy to see if we could assist with this one.

Have a good day and stay safe! 😊

Customer Support
www.hyperoptic.com

Prefer to talk to the team? Call Customer Support on 0333 332 1111 or email to [email protected]
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to