User comments on ISPs
  >> IDNet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User E300
(member) Wed 09-Dec-20 14:09:59
Print Post

Stalled at the starting line

[link to this post]

Joined IDNet this morning as a migration on FTTP. Lost service on the old ISP at 7am this morning, put in my new credentials and I get a PPPoE session but all I get is an internal IP address 10.3.56.208 so can't browse the internet, and a DNS server is assigned as 62.6.38.125 which I Googled to see who it belongs to and I found it gives this page http://62.6.38.125/ So it appears I'm just hitting an internal BT diagnostic network. I can put incorrect credentials in and get exactly the same.

I've also tried connecting via a dial up connection direct to the ONT from a laptop and that fails to connect with an error message. IDNet have spoken to their supplier who say everything appears okay, and they have left it with them now to investigate and time ticks on.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and what was the solution that might be helpful to feed back with.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 09-Dec-20 15:19:02
Print Post

Re: Stalled at the starting line

[re: E300] [link to this post]

Have you triple checked the IDNet credential with IDNet, i.e. made sure any 0 are not actually O and 1 are not l etc

The IDnet radius logs would show you logging in if the credentials were right, but sounds like the mapping at the wholesale level may be broke, or is still waiting on the IDNet mapping being applied.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User E300
(member) Wed 09-Dec-20 15:40:51
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Many thanks for the reply. I've copied and pasted credentials and hand typed them in case the copy and paste was bringing across an odd character and nothing has worked unfortunately. My router log for the PPPoE session says authentication successful, and I can put any password and it still says success, so I think as far as I can go is BTWholesales diagnostic network which I assume doesn't actually worry about authentication. I can reach the holding page at http://62.6.38.125/index.html and that's it frown

IDNet said they checked and could see no log in attempts, but could see my ONT, and it is with their supplier.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User E300
(member) Thu 10-Dec-20 12:44:04
Print Post

[re: E300] [link to this post]

Just an update: all connected now. For info, in the end they needed to rebuild the connection and that kicked things into action.

Pings improved a bit over previous ISP (Cerberus) by about 2ms so getting around 7ms to London servers whereas it was 9ms, so obviously I'm not going to notice any difference but always good to see latency move in a downward direction.

Speed wise this is the 1000/115 product, this tests around 900/105 on Speedtest.net but Thinkbroadband is coming out less so hitting a bottleneck somewhere on that one.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/16076037293...
  Print Thread

Jump to