Technical Discussion
  >> Apple Issues

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 24-Jan-20 20:46:18
Print Post

Re: Pin code cracking

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
Thinking further - how do you know it has accessed the Internet? Could it just be background services like mail checking in and other "system services" that have used data rather than someone having cracked the phone?
I didn’t think to clarify the information, but when I asked the service provider if the phone had been used whilst my mind was on other things, they told me that it was last used to access the internet at 2.30pm the following day. It could well, as you supposed, have simply been “checking in” and not actually used.

I had rung them earlier and asked for the phone to be blacklisted. I only rang back to ask for the IEMI number that my insurance service had requested. If it actually was browsing as implied, it might make sense that as Tiny has suggested, they “restored” the phone first and then started using it.

I too was remembering the FBI’s attempts to get one unlocked, before the Israeli’s eventually popped their head round the door. I'm fairly sure Mossad weren’t at the Rusty Duck Wednesday night, hence the question.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 24-Jan-20 20:54:05
Print Post

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TinyMongomery:
I would imagine that if "find my iPhone" was enabled the OP would be able to locate the iPhone. crazy
I’m certain it was turned on as the FMI app was trying to locate it, but never did. I assumed the phone was simply turned off and was hoping for them to turn it on again so that I could locate and erase it.
Standard User mrnelster
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 24-Jan-20 20:56:33
Print Post

[re: TinyMongomery] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TinyMongomery:
If you don't mind erasing the data on the phone, it's fairly simple to bypass the pin code. I'd rather not post links as to how this is done, but a little Googling will reveal them.

So your private data is safe, but the iPhone itself isn't.
That was my main concern so I’m reasonably reassured, thank you.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to