Technical Discussion
  >> Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bobrey
(learned) Sat 15-Jun-19 08:19:51
Print Post

BT TV issues

[link to this post]

I have recently moved to a large flat where the master socket is more than 15m distant from TV location. I am currenly locked in contract with BT for both broadband and TV. I am more than happy with broadband but have issues with BTTV.
BTTV , unlike Sky doesn't have a wifi connection to router but relies on "mini connectors" delivering via power wiring with a network cable for final connection to TV box. This is fine for normal viewing but has problems when I watch live rugby matches . The signal pixelates , freezes on several occassions during a live broadcast. BT have sent out various people to try to resolve and best they can offer is yet another replacement set of mini connectors or a longer Lan cable to run across the floor to the router !
My question is would a set of Tenda Nova mesh units enable me to link my BT TV box using the Lan cable into an adjacent remote mesh unit then wirelessly back to the router?
Standard User gomezz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 15-Jun-19 08:56:02
Print Post

Re: BT TV issues

[re: bobrey] [link to this post]

Have you checked that the problem actually does lie with the connectors by trying a long ethernet cable connection instead? When watching live have you tried pressing Pause for a few seconds and chase-playing the live programme?

BT Infinity 1 (unlimited)
Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Mon 17-Jun-19 09:00:54
Print Post

Re: BT TV issues

[re: bobrey] [link to this post]

I have used devolo Powerline 500 models for years in the past, get them on amazon, the BT ones did just as you mentioned and HD channels were always totally pixelated.

If they donít work you can return them.

EDIT I have these. I had the WiFi extender functionality disabled.
devolo dLAN 500 Wi-Fi Powerline Starter Kit (2 x PLC Homeplug Adapter, 1 x LAN Port, Wi-Fi Signal Booster, Wireless booster, Wi-Fi Move, whole home wifi, Power Save) - White https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00C5IA4TW/ref=cm_sw_r_c...

Edited by ukhardy07 (Mon 17-Jun-19 09:02:40)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to