Technical Discussion
  >> Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User smc
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 06-Aug-20 22:48:17
Print Post

Blocked websites

[link to this post]

Suddenly yesterday we can no longer access one of the banks we use. Tried on several devices and several browsers. Can access if using 4G on phone so clearly a broadband issue,

We are with BT and have Smart hub.

Parental control is not on and nor is BT Web protect.

I also found I could not login to an account on a shop I wanted to buy something from, came up with same type of error.

Error says "The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator"

Any ideas? Thanks!
Standard User flilot
(regular) Thu 06-Aug-20 23:10:12
Print Post

Re: Blocked websites

[re: smc] [link to this post]

Have you tried the simplest thing first: Reboot your router/modem, it could possibly be something funky with your session/routing with your ISP and a resync/reconnect might kick things back into action/put you on a different routing.

Otherwise could possibly be a DNS issue - try setting DNS server manually on one of your devices temporarily to a public one such as 1.1.1.1

Carl
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 06-Aug-20 23:21:26
Print Post

[re: flilot] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by flilot:
Have you tried the simplest thing first: Reboot your router/modem, it could possibly be something funky with your session/routing with your ISP and a resync/reconnect might kick things back into action/put you on a different routing.

Otherwise could possibly be a DNS issue - try setting DNS server manually on one of your devices temporarily to a public one such as 1.1.1.1

Yep router been rebooted.

Will see if I can change DNS

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 06-Aug-20 23:53:43
Print Post

MTU fragmentation can cause issues with SSL sometimes

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Thinker27
(newbie) Fri 07-Aug-20 08:42:48
Print Post

Possibly geoblocking. If your ISP bought a block of IP addresses originally linked to a certain foreign country and the internet records and databases are not fully updated to UK; and the bank has changed its security. Get fresh IP or ask the ISP?
Standard User steve195527
(member) Fri 07-Aug-20 12:10:29
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

rather than using your wifi have you tried using data on your phone with wifi disabled?either using banking app or normal webpage access
  Print Thread

Jump to