Technical Discussion
  >> Home Networking, Internet Connection Sharing, etc.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User andynormancx
(committed) Sun 21-Feb-21 12:47:55
Print Post

Re: LSOH Low Smoke Ethernet cable - where, why, when?

[re: jabuzzard] [link to this post]

The purple colour is one of the main reasons I didn't end up using it in my house wink

All the LSOH that I could see to buy was purple and 80% the runs I was using it for where CCTV cameras where a small section of the end of the run was going to be visible, pinned to a wall. And I didn't really want that visible cable to be purple.
Standard User jabuzzard
(experienced) Sun 21-Feb-21 22:24:18
Print Post

[re: andynormancx] [link to this post]

All my Cat6a is in the wall, under the floor or in the ceiling. If it comes out somewhere it turns into a wall plate. The exception being ceiling mounted WiFi access points but the wire is not visible there either. Visible wires are a no no in my book.

That said you could have always jacketed the cable with heat shrink to match whatever colour you wanted mind you.
Standard User jabuzzard
(experienced) Sun 21-Feb-21 22:27:40
Print Post

[re: Pheasant] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Pheasant:
Fibre (LAN) often has jacket colours which distinguish singlemode (yellow) from multimode (aqua blue or orange). I patch by colours too. It’s a quick way to distinguish things.

Usually but not always OM1 is grey, OM2 is orange and OM3 up god only knows but it is mostly cyan these days. I have seen purple in the past but I think that was dropped as most LSZH is purple and it is easily confused.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to