User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User gadget_uk
(newbie) Mon 14-Oct-19 14:33:11
Print Post

Any knowledge of Next Vision

[link to this post]

Next Vision have shown up on Openreach's fibre availability checker as a recognised provider of FTTP packages. They also seem to offer FTTC but it's FTTP that I'm interested in.

They've been around for a year now but I've found almost no information about them in terms of ISP reviews or customer experience reports. Has anyone here had any dealings with them?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 14-Oct-19 14:57:59
Print Post

Re: Any knowledge of Next Vision

[re: gadget_uk] [link to this post]

When they speed Childwall as Cidlwall that tells me enough to say not bother. I know I make a lot of grammar errors but I expect more from those who want paying.

They are also breaking the rules around how providers are meant to advertise speeds which is another negative mark.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User gadget_uk
(newbie) Mon 14-Oct-19 15:49:44
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Yep. There are numerous spelling and grammatical errors on the site. This paragraph is a doozy:-

"Planing
We are not just a high speed Internet service provider, we are partnering with our clients to find the best optimum way to serve there needs and meet there targets through one-stop shop solution. "

Some of the schpeel is odd too - listing "Best Wifi" as a benefit of fibre broadband? I think I might step past these guys.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 14-Oct-19 17:18:21
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

When they speed Childwall as Cidlwall that tells me enough to say not bother. I know I make a lot of grammar errors but I expect more from those who want paying.

laugh

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 14-Oct-19 17:54:33
Print Post

[re: gadget_uk] [link to this post]

Is your post an advert?

The website seems not to mention FTTC anywhere, despite what you say, nor ADSLx. Seemingly in a somewhat restricted market. The Business Customers section also appears only to cover leased lines.

Oops! I err. A single FTTC package occurs among the four FTTP ones under the menu option Broadband > FTTP packages. It's listing includes the now not permitted "Land Line Rental not included", but I don't see any line rental price or call charges.

On the Home Page we have:-
We strive to deliver a level of service that exceeds the expectations of our customers.
If you have any questions about our products or services, please do not hesitate to contact us. We have friendly, knowledgeable team available seven days a week to assist you.
Yet we also have the opening times of 9-5 Monday to Friday; closed Saturday and Sunday.

Isn't "Planing" a woodworking technique? As for what is said about it:-
We are not just a high speed Internet service provider, we are partnering with our clients to find the best optimum way to serve there needs and meet there targets through one-stop shop solution.
Simply ungrammatic and more importantly, meaningless drivel.

At least they don't aim for the "worst" optimal solutions.

Where are the FAQs?
Where are the "Make Payment" details?

I note the company has just one Director, not yet any published accounts (though none are due), but several unspecified changes to that director's details. Only one that shows any change, and that is to his address.

I note we are not allowed to share our onions:-
The customer shall keep all username/s Password/s secure and confidential and shallot share not with others.
Am I right in thinking that GC22 is now history, as of 1 October 2018? Yet:-
15. Sales & Marketing

we will strive to follow the Ofcom rules regarding the sales and marketing of our broadband services as set in GC23 and adhere to the rules in general conditions GC 22 in order to make sure that the customer is getting the right and exact informationís and about our products and prices, so the customer knows exactly what is buying
I don't fell very confident about the company.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 14-Oct-19 17:57:22
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

PS: My first post was started in draft at about 15:00, but I've been time-sharing with defrosting and cleaning the main freezer and watching BBC Parliament. Please excuse any repeats of what others have said.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
  Print Thread

Jump to