User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Cat5
(newbie) Sun 23-Feb-20 20:10:11
Print Post

IPv6 support on SSE move to Vodaphone from Daisy

[link to this post]

I may have missed this elsewhere but it looks like SSE have recently moved their underlying broadband from Daisy to Vodaphone. This shows up as a change in supplier on the 'thinkbroadband' speed test. This seems to be confirmed in their Privacy Policy
7(g) if you are a Phone and/or Broadband customer we will share your data with Vodafone who is our current phone line and broadband supplier.

This is bad news as I no longer seem to have working IPv6 connection, and video on demand services seem to be more blocky of late suggesting increased network congestion. As far as I know, Vodaphone don't support IPv6 on their network.

I had an email from SSE back in December suggesting that SSE network was to remove its traffic management constraints to become 'truly unlimited'. Perhaps that coincided with move away from Daisy? However the online 'traffic management policy' page hasn't been updated since 2018.

Can others confirm the change to Vodaphone and lack of IPv6?
Standard User dohmniq
(learned) Wed 15-Apr-20 10:12:02
Print Post

Re: IPv6 support on SSE move to Vodaphone from Daisy

[re: Cat5] [link to this post]

Same here.

I used to be assigned an IPv4 from something like 80.234.226.0/24 (Daisy)
then it became 87.74.216.0/22 ("Bigfella" / Cable & Wireless / Vodafone)
and now I'm on 90.251.56.0/21 (Cable & Wireless / Vodafone)

Since the switchover there's been zero IPv6 and subjectively worse performance, maybe even some PPPoE stalls.

I'm considering demanding free, early release from my contract on the basis of IPv6 being one of the features I explicitly asked them to confirm when I signed up. Now isn't a good time to switch though what with both of us working from home.
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 15-Apr-20 18:37:08
Print Post

Re: IPv6 support on SSE move to Vodaphone from Daisy

[re: dohmniq] [link to this post]

Vodafone are currently rolling out IPV6 at the moment and last update they said it would be completed by "late Spring".

Looks like many Vodafone customers have IPV6 already (although some what buggy).

Perhaps they are waiting till their own customers have seen a successful rollout before enabling it for Wholesale customers.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to