User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User TMCR
(committed) Tue 18-Aug-20 01:23:39
Print Post

EUNetworks ?

[link to this post]

Just spotted some forthcoming roadworks on my street, planned for Nov/Dec, by EUNetworks? Never heard of them, is this a company laying fibre for another company or a red herring as their site seems to indicate large user only.

I ask as they already have their network running locally and the work on our street duplicates their long haul fibre running parallel to the proposed new segment and around us. The work is to install 89,, ducts and chambers.

EE Fibre Plus
Standard User CJT
(experienced) Wed 30-Sep-20 17:33:20
Print Post

Re: EUNetworks ?

[re: TMCR] [link to this post]

Wikipedia?

CJT.

On BT Broadband up to 80 Mbps...

But NOT for much longer!

Previously on NOW TV Broadband up to 38 Mbps
Standard User TMCR
(committed) Wed 30-Sep-20 18:01:28
Print Post

[re: CJT] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by CJT:
Wikipedia?

I was asking as Wiki does not seem to tell me very much.

I mentioned that they already have fibre running close by and I couldn't figure out why they would be running yet another long haul line down my street. That's if I consider them as a business provider. The one running nearby is part of a bigger spiders web that covers a lot of the local area.

EE Fibre Plus

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jpm
(regular) Wed 30-Sep-20 18:48:28
Print Post

They are a bit like Zayo in that they do long distance stuff for carriers to lease. There's some metro stuff in London as well but they aren't like a CityFibre type operation.

The map they publish is quite a bit more detailed than you get from others https://map.eunetworks.com/

Edited by jpm (Wed 30-Sep-20 18:50:51)

Standard User CarlTSpeak
(committed) Wed 30-Sep-20 19:06:10
Print Post

They're expanding their network at the moment all over the place. Adding alternate routes to their national network.

Building better networks, not just faster ones.
Standard User TMCR
(committed) Wed 30-Sep-20 19:07:02
Print Post

[re: jpm] [link to this post]

Thank you, that's the answer I needed (I think). Although they are coming past my home I can't get service from them. I zoomed right into their map to find the existing spiders web of a network they have, and couldn't understand why they wanted to build more around here, hence asking.

EE Fibre Plus
  Print Thread

Jump to