User comments on ISPs
  >> Other Providers (without dedicated forums)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User burble
(committed) Thu 11-Feb-21 14:54:15
Print Post

Re: SSE Broadband Switchover Bill

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
It's never easy to sort out this kind of thing, but the general experience on these forums of cancelling direct authorisations makes things far worse.

The reason for that is most providers provide any refunds due or agreed via that system. If you've cancelled the d/d then they can't, and the raising of manual credit payments by cheque or bank transfer seems to be more difficult than the Brexit negotiations.

In short - don't cancel!

Swapped from TT to TTB a few weeks back, not only did I get both of them charge me by direct debit for the same month, the rebate when I chased them up came by cheque.
Standard User gordon_k
(member) Fri 19-Feb-21 15:32:13
Print Post

[re: gordon_k] [link to this post]

Just to round out this thread - situation eventually sorted out.

SSE sent me a final bill which was a refund of about £34 - more than I thought I was due - there was no cease fee, and the credit was paid within a day or so via my direct debit instruction.

Plus Voda seem only to be charging me from the post-glitch date their system says my contract kicked in, so it seems like I got about 3 weeks free in the intervening.

Short story, after the confusion SSE & Voda have both been good about not overcharging - and it's +1 from me for the don't-cancel-your-direct debit thing. In fact the financial side of things went a lot more smoothly than the internet admin.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Fri 19-Feb-21 19:52:23
Print Post

[re: gordon_k] [link to this post]

That's great. Maybe you could make a living as a negotiator smile.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
The EU’s multiple failures are due to a deeper malaise .... What malaise? The EU’s formidable immunity to the smallest amount of democracy. New Statesman Feb 2021.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gordon_k
(member) Sat 20-Feb-21 03:31:44
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
That's great. Maybe you could make a living as a negotiator smile.

Heh... The Negotiator II : Give Them Nothing.

Me: < stony silence >
Them: wd u be willing to meet us halfway?
Me: Yes....... halfway to Hhhhell < produces Uzi >

Also politeness is important. laugh
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to