User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

These posts have been archived and can no longer be replied to or modified.
  Print Thread
Standard User meteosat
(member) Mon 15-Jun-09 22:50:56
Print Post

BB and line rental query

[link to this post]

Hi,

Now that SKY are charging twice what they did for their mid product and at the same time capping it at 10gb from June 22nd I'm looking around for an alternative. Had a brief v. positive encounter with Plus net a couple of years ago and am wondering about a move back. The thing is that I'm still in a contract for line rental with BT - but given the 'links' with PN and BT I don't suppose there is any chance this would be taken into consideration if I applied to move?

TIA

James
Standard User An0no
(newbie) Tue 16-Jun-09 08:18:29
Print Post

Re: BB and line rental query

[re: meteosat] [link to this post]

Can't help you with your line rental problem but you should be aware that earlier this year Plusnet brought in new broadband products (Value, Unlimited & Pro) all of which no longer include webspace or hosted domains and suffer from more extreme traffic management than before (even on the Pro product). The value and unlimited products also no longer include a static IP address or included VOIP minutes. In addition you will be subject to an 18 month contract on all products with the 90 day guarantee no longer being offered. The days of having only a UK support centre have also gone with support now being given from both the UK and South Africa. The headline prices advertised are only available for 'Market 3 exchanges'. If you are connected to a Market 1 or 2 exchange then prices are generally higher than before.

In short, don't consider Plusnet based on your previous positive encounter a few years ago because they have changed drastically. They may still be suitable for you but you need to look at them as an ISP that you have never used before.

Edited by An0no (Tue 16-Jun-09 08:27:20)

Standard User meteosat
(member) Tue 16-Jun-09 09:15:42
Print Post

[re: An0no] [link to this post]

Thanks AnOno for the heads up - I'll scratch me head then for a while longer - if O2 had been on the exchange I might have added them to the shopping list, but sadly not ATM.

Cheers

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

ISP Representative Metronet_James
(isp) Tue 16-Jun-09 09:22:01
Print Post

Hi James,

Unfortunately we'd have no control over your contractual obligations with BT. We wouldn't be able to get them to waive any outstanding fees.

When does your contract expire?

James Bailey
Plusnet Comms Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email :: Twitter
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Standard User meteosat
(member) Tue 16-Jun-09 12:26:16
Print Post

[re: Metronet_James] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Metronet_James:
Hi James,

Unfortunately we'd have no control over your contractual obligations with BT. We wouldn't be able to get them to waive any outstanding fees.

When does your contract expire?

About 9 months I think frown(
Thanks for the reply anyway
Standard User therioman
(knowledge is power) Wed 17-Jun-09 07:49:51
Print Post

Do you have a source for the Sky price/allowance changes, as I've not seen anything (but then i don't pay much attention to Sky).
Standard User meteosat
(member) Wed 17-Jun-09 11:59:05
Print Post

[re: therioman] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by therioman:
Do you have a source for the Sky price/allowance changes, as I've not seen anything (but then i don't pay much attention to Sky).

Yes - check this thread:
http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-news-announcement...

Some difference of opinion as to the start date, but not the actual change.
Standard User soundsystem
(knowledge is power) Thu 18-Jun-09 15:24:16
Print Post

In reply to a post by meteosat:
Yes - check this thread:
http://www.skyuser.co.uk/forum/sky-news-announcement...

Some difference of opinion as to the start date, but not the actual change.

That thread now contains all the news that we are aware about, with the latest news added today.

Print Thread

Jump to