User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 17-Aug-16 14:35:33
Print Post

Re: A Broadband Cease order is currently progressing on whic

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

I hope you are following on with a jokey reply. Which doesn't alter the fact that I couldn't.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 57825/13835kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User mlmclaren
(knowledge is power) Wed 17-Aug-16 15:12:43
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
I hope you are following on with a jokey reply. Which doesn't alter the fact that I couldn't.

No I find this matter a serious one.... You could set up a migration from anyone to anything if the correct procedure is in place.

Alas I don't give a [censored] anymore, every time I post of this forum I get some dumb response or someone just be arrogant for the sake of it so I give up...

Stay small minded and change nothing, I suppose that's the motto round here.

BTInfinity - 79999/19999kbps - BT Home Hub 5A on Huawei DSLAM
VirginMedia - 77000/5250kbps - Super Hub 2ac on Greenish Rust Box
SkyFibre - 39998/9995kbps - Sky Q Hub on ECI DSLAM
ISP Representative chrisparr
(isp) Wed 17-Aug-16 16:03:22
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I certainly do understand the problem and it was myself that cancelled the cease. I was just advising of what had happened.

Chris Parr
Plusnet Support Team
Service Status :: RSS :: Email
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(sensei) Wed 17-Aug-16 16:10:32
Print Post

[re: chrisparr] [link to this post]

Then you know that the problem was caused by the following request in your email
All we ask is that you call us to tell us within 30 days of getting this email and give us 14 daysí notice
when there is no need to do that.

Has the email been changed?
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 17-Aug-16 16:51:11
Print Post

[re: mlmclaren] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by mlmclaren:
In reply to a post by RobertoS:

No I find this matter a serious one.... You could set up a migration from anyone to anything if the correct procedure is in place.
How would you set up a migration of the line from ADSLx/FTTC to 4G? Or to a satellite service? There are also ISPs who supply phone and broadband but not phone only.

Yes, the matter of the badly worded Plusnet emails, and the poor training of frontline staff that has been known about for years so they don't automatically ask what the customer really means when intending to leave, are serious matters.

But if your normal type of post is of the kind:-
more regulation come into play which will give operators no options to cease a line and only can they prepare the account for migration
then the dumbness lies somewhere other than in the people who respond to you.

I'm wondering how I port my landline number to mobile a 4G service. Or a satellite service. What procedures do you suggest for the ISPs?

The source of the arrogance also seems to not where you think it is.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 17-Aug-16 20:09:49
Print Post

Quiet fancy the new UNO Talk Surf & Fibre, but that is not going to happen just yet, may as well stay put and then move next year when the next price hike comes around.

Steve
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 17-Aug-16 20:18:21
Print Post

[re: blfamily] [link to this post]

They certainly seem very good.

Are you getting a retention deal here then? At least they got your line sorted out very efficiently.

Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 17-Aug-16 20:32:28
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Then you know that the problem was caused by the following request in your email
All we ask is that you call us to tell us within 30 days of getting this email and give us 14 daysí notice
when there is no need to do that.

Has the email been changed?

The account wasn't set up properly when the cease was reversed, resulting in an overpayment on this months bill. There is also a Question raised by the CSA that says £30 was taken for cessation...
Question #130717278
6:54pm, Tuesday 2 Aug 2016
£30.00 taken for written off cessation charge

As I haven't been invoiced for this I hope it is just a technicality, however if I find I have been charged once my bank statement turns up, I will be making a formal complaint. Will also put this to the
PN Forum.

And to add insult to injury the FTTC speed is worse than last week before the fault occured.Down from 70 to 43mbps

Steve

Edited by blfamily (Wed 17-Aug-16 21:42:52)

Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 17-Aug-16 20:33:42
Print Post

Nope, just back on what I was getting before - cheap and (sometimes) cheerful broadband.

Steve
Standard User blfamily
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 17-Aug-16 21:56:29
Print Post

[re: blfamily] [link to this post]

Well its certainly not cheerful here at the moment - I swapped to a static IP last week and my speed increased from 65mbps to 70mbps. Ignoring the time when the line was down my speeds are now 43mbps - I'm guessing DLM was not reset or is having a job to clear all the restarts.
I am now thinking of giving up with BT supported kit and going to VM on their Super Fibre Talk package, which include the talk weekend features and up to 50mbps, should be far more stable than FTTC which is awful in comparison to ADSL2+ which was fab in the old BE days.

I just want a simple stress free life!

Steve
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to