User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 26-Jan-19 15:43:51
Print Post

Re: Why I have left Plusnet

[re: jelv] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jelv:
It's an interesting exercise to check off how many of the issues I've listed have been resolved in the two years!
Interesting, but short. I left a few months after you. Went back to IDNet where I still reside. This way I can be proud of my ISP, instead of mumbling when someone asks me who I'm with smile

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK
Standard User Andrue
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 26-Jan-19 15:47:57
Print Post

Re: They are a disgrace

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
How you get to £58 per month with Plusnet I also haven't worked out. It sounds impossibly high to me. How much do you use the phone and in what way? Do you need the phone package you have?
It does seem a bit high. I have my phone and FTTC with IDNet and I'm only paying £49.18 a month. For that I get a rock solid connection and IPv6.

To be fair PN usually managed a good connection but every few months it would go wobbly and I'd have to spend a week or two fighting to get through to someone who would listen (anyone remember the single-threaded download issues?). Not had any network issues in the 18 months I've been with IDNet. 'It just works(TM)' once DLM had sorted itself out.

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Edited by Andrue (Sat 26-Jan-19 15:52:08)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 26-Jan-19 17:51:57
Print Post

Re: They are a disgrace

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

That post of mine was of course over a year ago, but this even older one is interesting. In particular, the extract I quote from 2007.

This thread was woken up by grapevine1 by replying to the opening post, also over a year since the thread became dormant. Strange that nothing seems to have improved in any way in the intervening twelve months, (or twelve years!), but the billing system has got worse.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 26-Jan-19 17:52:39)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User PS123
(learned) Sat 26-Jan-19 20:45:26
Print Post

An excellent summary of PlusNet I would say.

I am currently dealing with their shenanigans. Two days ago, my phone line went dead and that took out the internet too. I contacted PlusNet, and after a line fault test, did they acknowledge that there was an issue with my telephone line.

So, two engineers from Openreach (let's call them Koko and Bozo since I don't know their names), turned up. It was logged as a non-visit to my premises but apparently, they had knocked on the door and rang the doorbell. The doorbell didn't ring for some odd reason and it was only until my other half looked out the window that she saw Koko and Bozo up on a ladder fiddling around with the telelphone line leading into my premises that she thought it a bit odd.

So she let them in and they gloriously opened up my NT-5C socket and Mark 2 interstitial filter. After determining that their "fix" hadn't worked, they went back either up the pole or the junction box and managed to connect the line.

So, phone line was working. Then when I came home in the evening, I noticed that my broadband upload speed had crippled from 8Mbps to 5.3Mbps. A long wait in the call queue to PlusNet and finally someone answered. Apparently, they did "something" from their end and I should be back to normal speeds within two hours.

it was late evening and I didn't have time to check two hours later so this morning I checked and still noticed the crippled upload speed.

I rang PlusNet this evening. Spoke to a nice lady, who I admit dealt with my frustrations admirally, but I was not happy to have been asked to open up the phone socket and connect the modem/router to the test socket with a separate ADSL filter in place. To make matters worse, she asked me to leave it connected like this for 3 days and to carry out periodic Speedtest results. Now, I don't believe connecting to the test socket is going to cure my issue as the modem/router still connected at a paltry 5.3Mbps.

I asked if the line profile could be reset but she mentioned that they couldn't do this.

Is it me, or did Koko and Bozo do something to my wiring to enable this poor connection?

A Speedtest right now has revealed a ping time of 53ms (it used to be 7-9ms) and a download speed of less than 20Mbps with an upload speed barely hitting 4Mbps. My download speed used to be around 37-38 Mbps and upload speeds were hitting nearly 8Mbps.

I am not happy and I have requested PlusNet to get Openreach out again to fix this issue as I believe it is something that has been done by them that has caused this problem. PlusNet are refusing to acknowledge this and are reluctant to get Openreach out.

I really don't think they will be able to fix my issue unless someone comes out to check/fix my line properly. Any suggestions/help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Standard User 23Prince
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 27-Jan-19 18:23:29
Print Post

[re: PS123] [link to this post]

I just signed someone up - they want a cheap FTTC line they can rape for 12 months, and use for CCTV upload.. I figured at £27 a month it's worth a shot for them.
Standard User simplysimon911
(newbie) Thu 04-Apr-19 18:20:06
Print Post

Grief where do acquire all this knowledge. you need a hobby dude . If plusnet have been that bad why stay with them for years? just leave...move on... chill..its £23 quid a month if you gonna moan whinge about the TV and the [censored] they put on for the money. Loyalty is never recognised or rewarded
Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Mon 08-Apr-19 11:07:44
Print Post

[re: simplysimon911] [link to this post]

Good grammar doesn't cost......fact!

Why have a go at someone who is helping?

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to