User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User dercoss
(committed) Thu 11-Apr-19 14:59:40
Print Post

Billing Issues

[link to this post]

I renewed my Plusnet broadband a few months back and managed to get a similar deal to what I had been paying. I was paying £27.50 while the new 18 month deal was for £28.50. Unfortunately I never got this in writing and when the contract was sent it was for £29.99. I couldn't be bothered to argue anymore and let it go.
However, each month I am charged around £40 and have to contact them to get the "discount" applied. How long do I have to put up with this before I can cancel my contract with them, if such a thing is even possible?

Anybody else had these billing problems. Wish I'd stayed with Zen now. You get what you pay for..
Standard User longedge
(committed) Thu 11-Apr-19 15:23:42
Print Post

Re: Billing Issues

[re: dercoss] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dercoss:
I couldn't be bothered to argue anymore and let it go.

and
In reply to a post by dercoss:
You get what you pay for.

don't fit together well to my mind.

When yourenewed your contract you subsequently received an email setting out the agreed terms. If it were me I'd post on the Community Forum quoting from the email what was agreed and what has been debited. There's no need to argue when you have clear evidence to support what you are asking for.
Standard User dercoss
(committed) Fri 12-Apr-19 18:02:19
Print Post

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

I did get an email . It's pretty much gibberish...

"Unlimited fibre extra broadband service: £11.00 per month for 18 months then £20.99 per month
Line rental: £18.99 per month

Total £29.99 per month for 18 months on a new 18 month contract"

That's a direct copy and paste from the email...

It seems they are still charging me an extra £10 this month and will refund it next month, even though I haven't paid this month yet. That's just what happened last month. They call the refund a "gesture of goodwill" rather than apologizing for overcharging me again..

I'll have to try and get through on the phone. I prefer the chat option but they don't seem to be able to do much despite what they say at the time. The actual broadband service is really good and well worth £29.99 if they would only get the billing right..

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Fri 12-Apr-19 18:21:20
Print Post

#longedge has summed it up. The community forum has its own thread on billing issues, take your pick at
https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing and join the many who struggle with PN's billing disaster.

When other utilities such as gas, electricity, even BT manage to bill efficiently why on earth has PN been struggling this past two or three years? They will sort your a/c eventually but why must PN customers put up with this?

Agreed the service is excellent apart from the billing which is a total shambles. The forum carries a link to the Daily Mail frown reporting on how PN screws up the billing of its customer John Lewis as well ...
Standard User kasg
(knowledge is power) Fri 12-Apr-19 19:04:03
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

Corrected link: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/bd-...

FWIW I have had no problems at all with Plusnet's billing system.

Kevin

plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra - sync 79999/20000 at around 450m - BQM
Using OpenDNS
Domains and web hosting with TSOHOST
Standard User longedge
(committed) Fri 12-Apr-19 19:34:42
Print Post

[re: kasg] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by kasg:
FWIW I have had no problems at all with Plusnet's billing system.

I have but they were sorted out 8^)
Standard User dercoss
(committed) Sun 14-Apr-19 13:45:30
Print Post

I have now been overcharged for 3 months on my contract and have lost all confidence in Plusnet. Instead of a bill of £29.99 I am charge around £40.00 and can't seem to get it put right. If I don't pay it they restrict the service in a couple of days despite their website claiming they will only do this after 14 days.

I know I agreed to an 18 month contract but after 3 months of complete incompentency on the billing side surely I should be able to cancel the contract with a months notice. Does anybody here have any suggestions or experience in this area as I assume Plusnet will just refer to their t&c's if I ask to cancel?

I'm an idiot, I should have stayed with Zen.....
Standard User longedge
(committed) Sun 14-Apr-19 14:56:08
Print Post

You previously said, "The actual broadband service is really good". Are you in danger of throwing the baby out with the dirty water? Have you posted in the Plusnet Community Forum yet?
Standard User dercoss
(committed) Sun 14-Apr-19 15:18:50
Print Post

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

It's the billing that is causing the problem. They just continue to overcharge despite promises to put things right. The poor sods in the chat feature do their best but nothing happens..

As I said, I was looking to save a few bob so left Zen. Now I seem to be paying a similar amount to Plusnet. Anyway, I doubt I'll ever get out of my contract. Seems like the odds are stacked in the ISP's favour.
Standard User longedge
(committed) Sun 14-Apr-19 15:34:14
Print Post

Why so defeatist? Have you posted in the Plusnet Community Forum yet?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to