User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 16-Aug-19 14:37:59
Print Post

Re: Billing Issues

[re: sneekyhen] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sneekyhen:
Just seen this post ,,https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Seems-Plusnet-don-t-do-refunds/m-p/1660205/highlight/true#M42884

Nice touch sending the bar of chocolate.
Standard User DG101
(member) Fri 16-Aug-19 15:18:12
Print Post

[re: sneekyhen] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by sneekyhen:
Post back in 4 days ,, lets see if it actually appears . i cannot believe that this has been going on for a Year , and they are no nearer to a fix

The refund was in my bank a/c before I posted ..

In summary, they sent an email to notify me of impending d/d transaction. The amount was more than I expected, so I phoned to query the reason. By end of phone call they agreed to refund the overcharge within 5 working days. 4 days later, the overcharge amount was credited to my account.

But -- it seems the problems persist. The d/d has been triggered - for the discounted amount! I wonder if they will claw back the refund.
Standard User gary333
(member) Fri 16-Aug-19 15:32:05
Print Post

[re: j0hn83] [link to this post]

When I worked for a mobile phone company they would send some high end posh chocolate to customers after a complaint was closed down. They stopped doing this after a dog decided the post looked exciting and decided to wolf down the full bar. This caused severe problems to the dog and cost an arm and a leg in vets bills.

Sometimes even innocent and nice gestures end up biting you in the backside smile.

Edited by gary333 (Fri 16-Aug-19 15:39:34)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User dercoss
(committed) Tue 08-Oct-19 01:55:21
Print Post

[re: dercoss] [link to this post]

Logged into my account yesterday where my bill for this month was for about 10 quid.. It should have been £29.99 but I thought I'd try and pay it and stop them from restricting my service the next day when payment was due. No such luck. There was no way to pay online. Today, I went to pay and the correct amount was shown. However, when I went to pay it a shortwhile later my account had already been restricted. Finally managed to get through to somebody on the phone and pay it. What the hell is going on with Plus Net? Have they got 1 bloke and a spreadsheet to work the billing out?

I was asked if I wanted to setup a DD but having done so in the past I was overcharged every month until I cancelled it.. I've even had 3 months free as a gesture of goodwill which was fine but I just want pain free broadband..

I really want to get out of this contract without penalties and go back to Zen. I was a fool to leave in the first place to save a few quid.
Standard User dercoss
(committed) Tue 08-Oct-19 18:31:43
Print Post

Would you believe it. PlusNet have agreed to let me end my contract 9 months early with no penalty as they have been unable to sort out my billing issues.. I didn't think anybody ever managed to escape these one sided contracts.

Looking at going back to Zen..
Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Wed 09-Oct-19 10:37:10
Print Post

Glad you have escaped Plusnet, or rather its accounts non-system. I really can't understand why PN has these endless billing problems because otherwise my service (and those of my friends) has been excellent.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-Oct-19 11:30:37
Print Post

In reply to a post by dercoss:
Would you believe it. PlusNet have agreed to let me end my contract 9 months early with no penalty as they have been unable to sort out my billing issues.. I didn't think anybody ever managed to escape these one sided contracts.

Looking at going back to Zen..

I don't understand why peoples want to leave PN to join other ISP who will billing you but PN are remain free until they fixed the billing issues (I doubt they ever will fix it) and PN will let peoples cancelled their contract for no penalty charge because it a win win for PN as they know u will lose these free broadband and line rental (once the bill has resolved it only go back to the last 90 days)

I staying with PN and carry on with free broadband because it their own fault and I will NOT move to other ISP who will want the money! And if peoples want to leave PN (They will still billed u final invoice bill of 90 days) but u lose all these free broadband line rental while the billing isn't fixed yet)

Edited by adslmax (Wed 09-Oct-19 11:31:53)

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 09-Oct-19 12:48:56
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

Of course we don't know how many PN customers in total this affects. There are quite a few of us without any problem with billing at all. Myself and 3 of my friends are with PN.

plusnet 80/20 (2/jun/14) at 470m; high sync history: 64/9(Sep/17),54/6(Jan/19),46/7(Sep/19)
20 years of broadband from 1999's ntl:cable modem trial - Live BQM
Standard User dercoss
(committed) Wed 09-Oct-19 14:05:36
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

I don't doubt it but it seems an awful lot of customers do have a problem, me being one of them. And I'm not talking about one simple billing mistake, any company can mess up. It's that Plusnet seem incapable of putting things right when they go wrong.

As I've said before, the actual broadband has been good, it's just he payment that has soured things for me.
Standard User j0hn83
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 09-Oct-19 16:31:08
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Malwaremike:
Glad you have escaped Plusnet, or rather its accounts non-system. I really can't understand why PN has these endless billing problems because otherwise my service (and those of my friends) has been excellent.

They are 1 of the few providers who allow customers to stay on legacy products when they close.
Most throw customers on to whatever alternative is available.

With so many legacy products, billing promotions, referral discounts, the new billing system didn't go as planned obviously.

Personally I've never had a single billing issue with Plusnet, but I'm a more recent customer with a fairly standard bill.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | [6] | 7 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to