User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User stevewhits
(member) Tue 06-Aug-19 19:47:27
Print Post

Contract Renewal

[link to this post]

Currently coming to the end of my 40mbps contract and paying £22 per month. Quoted TT and Voda deals at them (monthly equivalent of £18-22 and £20.74 but they won't budge from £26 which is for line and broadband (no calls). The guy I spoke to wasn't exactly Mr personality and actually suggested for me to leave! I've never had that sort of response before.

Edited by stevewhits (Tue 06-Aug-19 19:48:01)

Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 07-Aug-19 11:07:25
Print Post

Re: Contract Renewal

[re: stevewhits] [link to this post]

If they say the same to me in a year's time I will move back to Vodafone which in my case worked fine. You could try the cancellations dept, but you might well get the same answer.

Michael Chare
Standard User stevewhits
(member) Wed 07-Aug-19 11:31:37
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

This was from someone else on MSE "I think I must have talked to the same man yesterday, it was quite obvious from the very beginning of the call he wasn’t bothered if I renewed with Plusnet or went elsewhere, I too quoted some of the cheaper deals available from other suppliers and the response was along the lines of ’Well if you want to leave Plusnet I can’t stop you’."

I've been looking at Vodafone but reluctant due to poor customer service.

BT are quite competitive after introductory offers and Topcashback with Talk Talk being the cheapest but I don't want to use Talk Talk with their Indian call centre.

I've also looked at SKy but you have to use their supplied box which I don't want to do either.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 07-Aug-19 11:49:39
Print Post

Normal Sales reps have relatively little flexibility.

They may have changed their setup, but Plusnet Retentions staff in the past seemed to have individual targets and budgets each month. Once they’ve used it, or a fair bit of it, they can’t be generous. People ringing at different times or on different days could often get a far better deal than they had been offered previously.

It might be worth seeing what different Retentions reps can do for you.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Standard User Malwaremike
(committed) Wed 07-Aug-19 11:56:02
Print Post

Quoted TT and Voda deals at them (monthly equivalent of £18-22 and £20.74

TT's quote you mention appears to be for 11Mb presumably ADSL. Their site quotes £24 for 40Mb fibre; Depends on whether you consider PN worth the extra £2 I suppose and they'll probably screw up your renewal anyway.

I get the impression that all the ISPs are trying to raise rates?
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 07-Aug-19 12:25:46
Print Post

In reply to a post by stevewhits:
I've also looked at SKy but you have to use their supplied box which I don't want to do either.

Sky removed that condition, any router which supports DHCP option 61 on WAN can be used.

Oliver.
Standard User stevewhits
(member) Wed 07-Aug-19 15:21:00
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

Yes it doesn't seem a lot but then it's an 18% increase on what I'm paying at the moment.

I'll possibly stay with them but it's frustrating when new customers get better deals
Standard User thar
(experienced) Wed 07-Aug-19 19:26:14
Print Post

The last time my contract was up, just under 2 years ago, I phoned Plusnet and they wouldn't budge, so I ordered Vodafone fibre. Vodafone had only just started their fibre service and I read some bad reviews, so I called Plusnet again at the 11th hour and they matched the Voda deal. I am due to renew imminently, so will do the same again. Hopefully Plusnet will come through and save all the hassle this time.

be* -> May 2013 BT Infinity 2 IP Profile 77.44 Mbps -> November 2013 plusnet unlimited fibre IP Profile 70.91 Mbps
Standard User stevewhits
(member) Tue 27-Aug-19 08:36:44
Print Post

Quick update, I rang again on Friday and it was totally different. The person I spoke to couldn't have been more helpful. Instantly matched the Voda deal at £23 for 80mb inc line rental so another happy customer.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 27-Aug-19 09:43:54
Print Post

Seems to be as I suggested wink.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Three 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
==================================================
If you never think of anything off the wall, you'll never think of anything original.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to