User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User think26872
(committed) Tue 27-Oct-20 11:08:13
Print Post

Contacting Pliusnet as chat never available - Twitter?

[link to this post]

I need to unfortunately contact Plusnet which I usually use the online chat option but this is never available and it says to use Twitter @plusnethelp or phone them.

Does anyone know if the chat does work when they have enough capacity? I have twitter but have never posted a tweet or a direct message what do I actually do if I want to try this method? Just direct message them or do I need to do a normal tweet first or what?

Or do I need to just suck it up and phone them, probably wait ages and then have nothing in writing.

Thanks
Standard User longedge
(experienced) Tue 27-Oct-20 11:35:18
Print Post

Re: Contacting Pliusnet as chat never available - Twitter?

[re: think26872] [link to this post]

I've had to contact them a couple of times recently and got through on the phone without any problem (about a 5 minute wait each time). First time I got someone working from home and second time someone who was at PlusNet Towers (by choice - too noisy at home).

I also posted on the Community Forum but that was 'belt and braces' really.

plusnet FTTC
Standard User haydnwalker
(newbie) Tue 27-Oct-20 13:11:14
Print Post

I recently rang to cancel my service due to taking up newly activated Virgin Media FTTP (RFoG) in my area.

I was on hold around 8 minutes, but I did get through and once I did get through the agent was polite and did what I asked without any complaint.

Regards,
Haydn

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ambrougham
(newbie) Tue 27-Oct-20 14:21:27
Print Post

Not seen the chat option working any time this year !

I have needed to call them a couple of times recently tho ... about a 30/45 minute wait each time ... hated every second of it ! But it wasn't quite as long as I was anticipating TBH tongue No complaints about the guys at the other end. I just find the often several hour total waste of time whilst being told just how important my call is whenever you have to phone almost anyone completely unacceptable.

Edited by ambrougham (Tue 27-Oct-20 14:23:29)

Standard User adslmax
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 27-Oct-20 15:23:07
Print Post

[re: ambrougham] [link to this post]

I use plusnet disability chat as it still work (but it only provided the special link for disabled and disability only) as I am not allow to share the link.

PN FTTC 80/20 since 2014
Standard User Malwaremike
(experienced) Tue 27-Oct-20 15:44:33
Print Post

I think PN chat has been off air since early this year or even last year. It may be permanent withdrawal so phone is only option, or community forum which works quite well. Lockdown another problem as many staff (nice people in my experience) are working from home.
Standard User sneekyhen
(learned) Tue 27-Oct-20 15:56:02
Print Post

Online chat has been shut down for the past 5 months , despite still showing on the web page they have not removed the option ...... all options to contact them are a bit iffy
Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Tue 27-Oct-20 16:04:00
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

What was the point in that comment?

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User think26872
(committed) Fri 30-Oct-20 15:14:37
Print Post

[re: longedge] [link to this post]

Thanks everyone for comments. Has anyone used the Twitter option (and got a reply) I would like to get everything in writing if I can so the Twitter option would allow me to do this if I knew how to use it. Thanks
Standard User longedge
(experienced) Fri 30-Oct-20 16:17:11
Print Post

That's one of the reasons that I've used the community forum in the past (I'm on a 55/10 product which is no longer offered and wanted assurance that a renewal would not be the excuse to move me back to 40/10) but support tickets also act as written proof.

I've never used Twitter/Facebook so don't know how well they work.

plusnet FTTC
  Print Thread

Jump to