User comments on ISPs
  >> PlusNet plc

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 15-Mar-21 14:44:27
Print Post

Re: Failed payment - restricted connectivity prevents resolu

[re: TLM] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by TLM:
Because they haven't blocked every site...yet. Just selected ones. Unfortunately, among those they've chosen to block is their own site with access to my account, which would enable me to fix the problem!
That is truly bizarre that they have set it up that way - suggest something along the lines of "unintended consequences" as there is no logical reason to block PlusNet's own system but allow TBB forums. Something broken in PlusNet Towers I would guess.
Standard User TLM
(legend) Mon 15-Mar-21 14:55:22
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
In reply to a post by TLM:
Because they haven't blocked every site...yet. Just selected ones. Unfortunately, among those they've chosen to block is their own site with access to my account, which would enable me to fix the problem!
That is truly bizarre that they have set it up that way - suggest something along the lines of "unintended consequences" as there is no logical reason to block PlusNet's own system but allow TBB forums. Something broken in PlusNet Towers I would guess.

Exactly that! And they know it because it's been reported multiple times before!

I can find no common theme in the sites being blocked. Doubtless there is behind the scenes, but it's nothing that is obvious to an end-user. Most sites are OK, a few are not. It just so happens that Plusnet's own site, which I need to visit to correct it, is in the "denied" list.

And no, it's not a coincidence unrelated to the failed payment. The error page actually says that Plusnet refused the connection - not that it failed. frown
Standard User Malwaremike
(experienced) Mon 15-Mar-21 16:14:59
Print Post

Bad luck on your card expiry, as I said you're not the first to be blocked from payment. No point in our rambling any more, if I were you I'd call them right now. Hope you get it sorted.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TLM
(legend) Mon 15-Mar-21 16:21:11
Print Post

[re: Malwaremike] [link to this post]

I've called them. The poor young lady agreed it's an error, but has had to email the relevant team to get the restrictions lifted, so no instant fix.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 16-Mar-21 10:32:45
Print Post

The weird site blocking could be to do with the mishmash of past companies that make up Plusnet. The accounts system possibly being on the servers of one and your connection being to another.

(Hard to explain in a few words what I mean, but basically the reason all their accounts/admin systems have been a mess for over a decade. Multiple legacy systems still in use, with bad linkages between them and ad hoc fixes and patches applied only now and then. No overall coherent architecture).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, sites and mail hosting - Tsohost & Ionos.
Connections: OnePlus 8 Pro max 165Mbps down, 24Mbps up on Three, and B311 4G, tbb tests normally 35-45Mpbs down, 65Mbps off-peak, 9-24 up.
========================
The EU’s multiple failures are due to a deeper malaise .... What malaise? The EU’s formidable immunity to the smallest amount of democracy. New Statesman Feb 2021.
Standard User TLM
(legend) Tue 16-Mar-21 14:11:02
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

They still haven't fixed it.

I've lost access to all my distance learning course materials, and, intermittently, this site! The "intermittently" bit is strange, but it's still trying to redirect me to the Failed Payment page - i.e. the FAILED Failed Payment page, which doesn't let me pay - so it's all part of the same problem.

Have raised it a second time on their community forums - where I can see there is a staff presence, but not in response to me yet. Have also now raised it on Trustpilot, which it's clear they monitor and respond to.

I may not be able to view or respond to further replies in this thread, as it all depends how long I retain access. Next time they try to prompt me for payment I'll get locked out again.
Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 16-Mar-21 15:40:05
Print Post

Do you have someone you could trust that has working Internet that could log in to your account for you and update the payment details? You could then change your account password afterwards.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to