User comments on ISPs
  >> Sky Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User JohnR
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 15-Mar-19 20:31:13
Print Post

Price increase

[link to this post]

At Sky, we aim to bring you the best possible experience with must-see entertainment and services you can rely on 24 hours a day. To do this, we occasionally need to review our pricing. The price change is clearly laid out below, and will show in your April bill.

You’ll also find details of changes to your Terms and Conditions at the bottom of this email.

Price changes per month from 1 April 20‌19
Sky Fibre Max +£2.00

Call rate changes will apply to your bill for any calls made on or after 1 May 20‌19. All 08‌70 and 08‌45 calls are no longer inclusive within paid talk packs.

Calls to 08‌45 and 08‌70 numbers are subject to Sky's Access Charge (15p per minute) and the owning operator's Service Charge applies. There'll be a change in call rates and charge bands for some 07 numbers. The call connection fees will increase by 1p and our access charge for service numbers by 2p. For Pay As You Talk and non‑inclusive calls on other packages (including calls that go over 1 hour) evening calls to UK mobiles will increase by 1p a minute and weekend calls to UK mobiles will increase by 3.75p a minute. Calls to UK landlines will increase by 0.85p a minute. Calls to EU landline and mobile numbers will be capped at 20p a minute. Check our tariff guide for current call rates and changes in charge bands.

We hope you continue to use and enjoy Sky, but if you're not happy with these changes, you can cancel your Sky Broadband and Talk by calling 03448 244 450. If you're within your minimum contract period, call us within 30 days of getting this email to avoid early termination charges. Unless you tell us otherwise, your Sky subscription will continue as usual.

\_0-0_/ AdsL is Hell \_0-0_/
To Infinity
Wats SUP doc.... You using too much.....
Standard User broadband66
(knowledge is power) Mon 18-Mar-19 10:36:55
Print Post

Re: Price increase

[re: JohnR] [link to this post]

Their TV prices also increase next month.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User supremetwo
(member) Wed 27-Mar-19 16:23:08
Print Post

Re: Price increase *DELETED*

[re: JohnR] [link to this post]

Post deleted by supremetwo

Edited by supremetwo (Wed 27-Mar-19 16:29:50)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User supremetwo
(member) Wed 27-Mar-19 16:32:29
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

Sky now only market Sky Fibre Max and copper Broadband Unlimited.

They have no published deals if you are on fibre up to 40MBs.

Sky is well down on comparison sites at the moment because of this.

And very strange marketing. They lose a significant number of potential new customers and upset their existing loyal customers already on 'ordinary' fibre whose line is unable to receive the Fibre Max.

But, the Sky subsidiary, Now, does provide up to 40Mbs (Fab fibre broadband), with line rental and anytime calls for £25 per month (and less via a cashback site as a new customer).

Perhaps they want to encourage those with higher-loss FTTC lines to migrate there?

O2 Standard April 2009 - November 2013
Sky Broadband Unlimited after O2 takeover
Unlimited Sky fibre from October 2017
NOW TV Fab Fibre from March 2019
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Mar-19 17:53:58
Print Post

[re: supremetwo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by supremetwo:

Not correct. That said, opting for 40 meg Sky fibre doesn't make much sense at this point. https://imgur.com/a/w94CuDx

Oliver.
Standard User supremetwo
(member) Wed 27-Mar-19 18:29:32
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Oliver341:

Not correct. That said, opting for 40 meg Sky fibre doesn't make much sense at this point. https://imgur.com/a/w94CuDx

It is the up to 40 meg that is no longer marketed in offer packages of TV plus broadband even though your link shows the fibres are the same price (£27/m).
The only fibre packages showing at present are for TV and fibre Max.

I suppose as a new customer, you might get the Max deal price if you sign up and Sky then say your line has too much attenuation for Max.

https://www.sky.com/shop/tvandbroadband/

O2 Standard April 2009 - November 2013
Sky Broadband Unlimited after O2 takeover
Unlimited Sky fibre from October 2017
NOW TV Fab Fibre from March 2019
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Mar-19 18:53:13
Print Post

It is the up to 40 meg that is no longer marketed in offer packages of TV plus broadband even though your link shows the fibres are the same price (£27/m).

I've never been interested in Sky TV so I've only ever looked at Sky's standalone broadband, where 40 meg is still an option. Aside from the deals, the ongoing price is actually more than BT fibre, which makes a change from their previous pricing strategy.

Oliver.
Standard User Oliver341
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 27-Mar-19 18:58:19
Print Post

Incidentally if you follow the TV & Broadband order process, 40 meg fibre is offered even though it's not on the initial sales screen.

Oliver.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 27-Mar-19 19:30:34
Print Post

[re: Oliver341] [link to this post]

Yeah a 40/10 service is still in the portfolio just not meant to be promoted, i.e. if your estimates are slow during ordering it will flag up and is cheaper than max

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Nighty1973
(member) Thu 28-Mar-19 16:46:07
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The stupid bit is, Sky can't/won't overrule their own systems. Case in point, my own line.

I was synced at around 52Mbps and a full 10Mbps up on BT Superfast (55/10). When I was up for renewal, I called Sky and was told I could only have "standard" Sky Fibre, i.e. up to 40/10Mbps.
So, I went back to BT, asked what they could do and they've put me on the newer Superfast Plus, with full up to 80/20 so I can now get 52Mbps down and 13Mbps up.

Sky's own systems denied them a sale simply because they are scared of people complaining about slow speeds. After all, why would I want to sacrifice over 20% of my available speed just because their computer says no?
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to